Huh, whad you say?!

NW Hunter

Man, I'm having a heck of a time with my ear protection. I finally got got a good cheek weld on my McMillan with a stock pack. Only problem is now I can't use ear muffs and still get onto my stock.

I am using those rubber 3 rib jobs in my ears and they seem to cut the noise until I get my cheek weld on the stock before the shot. At that point, my ear that lays next to the stock seems to stretch out bigger and I can hear some sound.

When the shot breaks, I get a quick blast in my ear! When I pull my head off the stock, hearing protection is good again.

You guys got any ideas to keep my ears happy?

custom molded "in the ear" plugs, not expensive, and they FIT ! some mail order places have kits, but go to any rifle, trap or skeet range and ask around and you will find someone who does it for you. well worth it.

MTBULLET,Jaybird00,WyoElk2Hunt,

Thanks for the replies. I just took over a new position in my company and this is the first chance I had to check for your replies! It sounds like custom molded earplugs are the way to go.

Thank god for shooting and hunting, or else I might shoot myself!

Randy

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.