Just a small piece of info to file away if any of you decide to experiment with modifying the meplat of the SMK. I was out the last few days testing the 190 SMK's after having modified the meplat in an effort to get some reliable expansion on game and found that I had lost a huge amount of BC. It went from .574 to .451 in my rifle all else being equal. The meplat only grew by .005" but I opened the hollow point from .020" to .040". I was so shocked I decided to shoot more of the 100% factory bullets and they flew right where they should but the modified bullets always hit 15" lower (same POI at zero). I didnt think they would change that much but it is what it is. Regards.