HSM bergers

bigjb19

I'm in a bind and won't have time to get some hand loads for my custom 7 mag. Has anyone tried the Berger bullets loaded by HSM?

Thanks

I used to live just down the road from them, things I saw there where scary to say the least. Maybe look at BOTW they've got some well proven stuff, spendy though
What kind of things? If you dont want to say on here you can pm me.

Dont know anything about the quality of employees, but a friend shoots the HSM 115 Berger ammo in his 25-06 Sendaro.

Smallest group he's got was 7/8" at 500 yds for 3 shots, it seems to reliably shoot moa or better to as far as 600 yds in his factory rifle. Velocity is good too, over book advertised.

Dont know anything about the quality of employees, but a friend shoots the HSM 115 Berger ammo in his 25-06 Sendaro.

Smallest group he's got was 7/8" at 500 yds for 3 shots, it seems to reliably shoot moa or better to as far as 600 yds in his factory rifle. Velocity is good too, over book advertised.

Not quite as good as your friend's groups but I had similar experience using their 178 A-Max and 185 VLDs on my .300 Win Mags and offerings in .338 Win Mag before I started reloading. My friend also buys pills for his 7MM Mag from them.

I've always gotten excellent customer service from them and am very pleased with their products.

BTW, bigjb19 welcome to LRH and enjoy!

Ed

Only have a limited experience with HSM, shot 8 rounds, 6 of the 8 showed high pressure signs, mainly ejector markings, but 2 blew the primers out. I was shooting a test that day, and shot two other brands, with no problem.

We've tried a couple of different calibers in a couple of different rifles. As always, each one shoots dfferently. So far we've tried the 7mm-08, 257 Roberts and 7mm Rem Mag. The first two did not shoot well in the particular rifles used, the 7mm Rem shoots exceptionally well in my Sendero but not in my hunting partner's 700 Mountain Rifle.

So, you may or may not have the success you wish. The only way to know is to try.

i was thinking about picking up a box for my 300rum. sometimes i do need to take close shots on deer. will these absolutly destroy the meat at close range? im between these and the remington sciroccos

I had a Savage 114 in 7mm RM, 1:10 barrel and glass bedded the action in the factory stock. I wanted to just try some Bergers so I got a box of these. They put three on a dime at 100 yds. so I took them hunting that year and shot three elk, all dead with one shot within steps of where they were hit. I did not get a chance to shoot them farther, but they were great at 100.

Gee, I was under the impression that HSM was a class outfit or so I heard.

far as loosing a keg of powder, I could do that in my closet, there is more than one (keg) in there.

I know nothing about crankheads other than keep the anhydrous locked up.

I tried their 168 grain in 300 win mag. They were loaded so hot that I could barely lift the bolt after firing the first round. After finally being able to extract the case, it was split. That was the first and last time I tried HSM. This was in a rifle that normally shoots 77g H100 behind a 210 grain VLD, not exactly a mild load. I took them back to the Cabelas where I purchaced them to give them a heads up. They said they would contact HSM. Not sure what ever became of it.

I tried their 168 grain in 300 win mag. They were loaded so hot that I could barely lift the bolt after firing the first round. After finally being able to extract the case, it was split. That was the first and last time I tried HSM. This was in a rifle that normally shoots 77g H100 behind a 210 grain VLD, not exactly a mild load. I took them back to the Cabelas where I purchaced them to give them a heads up. They said they would contact HSM. Not sure what ever became of it.

That must have been a while ago. Cabelas has a very strict policy about returning any ammo to the store as in not. Went through the same thing myself with another brand and caliber and wound up keeping the ammo but rhe manufacturer gave me a refund, ar Cabelas corporate insistence. I still have the stuff, 100 rounds in the boxes.

Cabelas comment was to give it to the local LEO's. I won't give the stuff to my worst enemy. I will, however, pull the bullets, dump the powder, pop the primers, resize and reuse the brass at some point.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.