HSM 338 Lapua sticking?

The shell is sticking after fired. I weighed the brass. Theirs is 13gr lighter than lapua. Wondering if the case is swelling different or expanding more on the bolt head. Spent brass looks fine once removed.

The shell is sticking after fired. I weighed the brass. Theirs is 13gr lighter than lapua. Wondering if the case is swelling different or expanding more on the bolt head. Spent brass looks fine once removed.

Did you check your chamber for burs? It could also be an extractor issue. I had the spring in one of my Sako extractors brake and it led to intermitent extraction.

I tested hsm 7mm in my encore last weekend had same problem ! Unfired. Goes in freely. After reading your post I just went n tried a few spent brass n they all would hang up. Swelling is what I think

I had a guy call today and he said he had a problem with it. I inquired and he said he shot it in a blaser and a styer and both stuck to the point of having to use a cleaning rod and mallet. I have been having the same problem in our semi. for the last 2 weeks(how long ive been using it). I called em and they took some out and tested theirs and didnt have a problem. hum. The only thing I can think is the brass is swelling too much and not contracting for extraction. I also weighed some privi partizan brass and weighs 8grs more than factory lapua(that was a surprise)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.