HS Precision Rifles

sako5

Hello again guys.
Ive just about to order a 2000 series in 7MM Ultra Magnum.Do any of you use these beautiful weapons?
Its costing me $4000 NZD for the rifle then will have to look at a scope.Im thinking a 6.5 X 20 VX111 or similar.
Its very hot here in new zealand at the moment but as always the huntings good.
Heres a few pics from recent hunts - cheers
P1200160.jpg

P1200157.jpg

P1200154.jpg

P1200151.jpg

PC050011.jpg

PA290136.jpg

P1190146.jpg

PC310129.jpg

No on the guns...beautiful looking place...but we gotta get you a skinnin rack! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

oh convert $4000 NZD to US?

I've shot two differant HS rifles both were their Tactical style and to be honest I wasen't to impressed for the price ,I would go with Robar or a full custom before I payed out for one of their rifles

Now granted that both guns I shot did shoot well , sub 3/4" with ALL factory match ammo but they diden't shoot as well a the Robar SR-90 or three other custom guns that cost less.

[quote}

oh convert $4000 NZD to US?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

4,000 New Zealand Dollar = 2,786.80 US Dollar

Ouch. That is a lot of coin no matter what side of the equator you are buying in.

i shoot a varmint .223 hs .yes it is very good as far as accuracy and cartridge feed but there are better rilfes for the money or build your own on a sorted rem action .i could have got a repeater RPA for around the same money as the hs .the one thing i don't like about the hs is the amount of play in the bolt it's about the same as a standard rem .

I do not own any of their rifles, but do own several of their 2000P single shot handguns. They are all top quality weapons and the accuracy is excellent.
finish and fit are what you would expect.
nmhunter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Thanks for the replys.Would you guys recommend having the muzzle break threaded on or fixed?
Im not planning on shooting without a break so will it matter?

For that kind of money, a few hundred more and you can have any one of the best gunsmith's on the planet to build you a custom stick, GAP, Longshotrifles, Patriot arms, TBA, RDprecision,etc.. I guarantee any rifle built by these gunsmiths will outshoot the hs precision easily.. Not to mention you can ask for anything on the rifle ex. Barrel length and contour,stock configuration and stock weight, threaded barrel, etc... On top of all of that the resale value would be more if you have to sell it in a hurry..

But thats just my 2 cents.

Thats real close to my new cutom being built.....I would go custom for sure! As said earlier that kinda change it should be exactly like YOU want it!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.