HS Precision or Manners

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Eleazar, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Eleazar

Eleazar Well-Known Member

Thinking of selling my HS precision off my Sendero and replacing it with a Manners T5A. Is a Manners worth the extra $? Anyone use this stock on their hunting rig?

2. CapDog

CapDog Well-Known Member

It's my favourite stock. Sold the HS off my LTR for one.

3. bowhunter42

bowhunter42 Well-Known Member

I love my manners stock! took me awhile to pull the trigger on buying one cause of the price, but when I finally did, It was well worth the money. I wish all my rifles had one on it and from here on out every rifle I build will be in a manners stock.

4. MudRunner2005

MudRunner2005 Well-Known Member

Never owned a Manners, but I have had a couple of HS stocks. They're very nice.

5. JohnnyO

JohnnyO Member

Got both. I do like my Savage HS Precision, but prefer my Manners MCS-T more.

6. MMERSS

MMERSS Well-Known Member

I have both on magnums and they all shoot well. I just prefer the fit of the Manners and would take the Manners over the HS if I could spare the $s.

7. PPR

PPR Well-Known Member

Good luck getting a Manners inlet that will fit correctly. I would personally go with a McMillan.:D

Regards, Paul

8. Eleazar

I've read this on a couple e-searches. If its a common theme of inletting not matchin up then it might be worth sending the barrele action to them for a bedding job instead of doing it myself - no?

9. jsthntn247

jsthntn247 Well-Known Member

I just spent 600$ for a manners. The inletting did not fit on the receiver and the paint chipped very easily. I will never buy one again. Don't get caught in all the hoopla like I did, your pocket book will thank you and you won't shoot any better.

10. porkchop401

porkchop401 Well-Known Member

I just purchased a Manners t2 the inletting is lose as it should be as actions vary a little and with the installed pillars required very little prep to bed the action as with any stock for best accuracy. Right now I like it better than a HS I had , never had a McMillan.
    Very pleased.

11. PPR

PPR Well-Known Member

Based on my personal experience with 6 Manners stocks for my friends and customers go with McMillan and don't look back.

Regards,
    Paul

12. azsugarbear

azsugarbear Well-Known Member

I have all three right now (Manners, McMillan & HS Precision). If you are looking at upgrading for better accuracy, then you will probably be disappointed. The HS is a great stock with great accuracy potential (assuming alum. bedding block). Any small increase in accuracy/grouping will probably not be worth the incremental cost.

If you are looking to upgrade based on fit or style, then you will be very pleased - and the addl. cost will probably be worth it.

I had no problems with my Manners Ultralight Hunter. Inletting was perfect, with only a light skim bed added. Having said that, my Manners was purchased some five years ago. I cannot speak to their quality control at this time. Customer service was exceptional for me.

13. Eleazar

Yes I'm looking at manners for a better fit. Accuracy out of the HS has been good (if I bedded it, it could only improve). I'm just not a HUGE fan of the double palm swell on the HS.

Only thing thats stopping me from gettig a T5 or T5a is that i've never held one