HS Precision HTR groups - pics

EXPRESS

This morning I was up bright n early, shrugging off some fever and flu, I made for the range. I had a good session, more so in that I found a load I am satisfied with, am still getting the feel for the rifle.
No complaints for the moment...
grin.gif

f8be7f69.jpg

f8be7f6d.jpg

Black dots and yellow squares, same things I hunt here!! but I don't believe there'll be enough of that black dot left to eat, looks like you shot it up pretty bad.
smile.gif

Looks like to got a keeper, those are pretty tight at 300m.

Nice groups Express!
smile.gif

Where's the pic of your rifle? Are the edges of the yellow square well defined at 300 yards? I've been outlining a sheet of white paper on a white backer with a black marker and I'm happy with it over anything else, never have tried a light shade like that yet.

Brent the yellow square is one of the small postits, it's probably less than half the size of the standard ones.

I have tried them in fluoro green and pink. How well they show depends on the colour of the backing. Last time I used these, I had a darker cardboard backing, so the yellow stuck out better than the pink, today, the pink would have been better I think.

They are very handy targets being self adhesive and all.

The 100m group looks to be a lot smaller than it actually is, I was hoping for something in th .2's when I saw it but after measuring it was .31MOA.

No hiding that these ere the best groups for the day, But I rekon I can keep this up.
wink.gif

I take that back (the memory thing
rolleyes.gif
), I used the flourescent index cards for a while, just never at long range. They do stand out, I liked the pink on white paper or cardbaord the best as I recall, yellow was good on cardboard.

Yeah, they looked like the little 1.5"x2" or what ever size Post-It they are, that or you're shooting a .50!

.3 is nothing to laugh at, I only "wish" I could do that with my other rifles!

Looking good Express , how many shots for the 100 yard group ? My HTR is all ordered and will hopefully be in the UK next month , to say I'm excited is some what of an understatement.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.