HS Precision HTR groups - pics

Discussion in 'Equipment Discussions' started by EXPRESS, May 8, 2004.

1. EXPRESS

EXPRESS Well-Known Member

This morning I was up bright n early, shrugging off some fever and flu, I made for the range. I had a good session, more so in that I found a load I am satisfied with, am still getting the feel for the rifle.
    No complaints for the moment... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

Black dots and yellow squares, same things I hunt here!! but I don't believe there'll be enough of that black dot left to eat, looks like you shot it up pretty bad. [​IMG]

Looks like to got a keeper, those are pretty tight at 300m.

3. Brent

Brent Well-Known Member

Nice groups Express! [​IMG]
    Where's the pic of your rifle? Are the edges of the yellow square well defined at 300 yards? I've been outlining a sheet of white paper on a white backer with a black marker and I'm happy with it over anything else, never have tried a light shade like that yet.

4. EXPRESS

EXPRESS Well-Known Member

Brent the yellow square is one of the small postits, it's probably less than half the size of the standard ones.

I have tried them in fluoro green and pink. How well they show depends on the colour of the backing. Last time I used these, I had a darker cardboard backing, so the yellow stuck out better than the pink, today, the pink would have been better I think.

They are very handy targets being self adhesive and all.

The 100m group looks to be a lot smaller than it actually is, I was hoping for something in th .2's when I saw it but after measuring it was .31MOA.

No hiding that these ere the best groups for the day, But I rekon I can keep this up. [​IMG]

5. Brent

Brent Well-Known Member

I take that back (the memory thing [​IMG] ), I used the flourescent index cards for a while, just never at long range. They do stand out, I liked the pink on white paper or cardbaord the best as I recall, yellow was good on cardboard.

Yeah, they looked like the little 1.5"x2" or what ever size Post-It they are, that or you're shooting a .50!

.3 is nothing to laugh at, I only "wish" I could do that with my other rifles!

6. Els

Els Member

Looking good Express , how many shots for the 100 yard group ? My HTR is all ordered and will hopefully be in the UK next month , to say I'm excited is some what of an understatement.