HS or manner stock

bludog

I just got back my 6.5-06 barreled action I'm building for a hunting rifle that a #5 douglas barrel. I want to order a stock, Don't know what to get I know nothing about manner's stocks I like the way they look. what worries me about the manner is the comb will be to high for a 40mm obj or do you think the HS will be good enough for a hunting rifle. the HS come w/ or w/o cheekpiece. this is my first please help.

Attachments

• mcs-eh1.jpg
    mcs-eh1.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 48
I have the Manners T4 as pictured and I run a 40 mm objective with no problems. One thing with Manners is that their inletting leaves something to be desired. Unless you are very experienced with pillar bedding/modifying barrel channels I would go for the HS. I have several HS stocks and they are great. I would also check out B@C as they have some great stocks also.:D

Regards, Paul

I agree with Paul. The HS stocks are very good and I would not hesitate to use one, especially in a 6.5-06. I also just got a Manners for a 6.5 WSM I am building and it is a fine stock. I like the HS finish better. The B&C Medalist is also a very good stock but the HS is probably a little better, but I still would not hesitate to put a 6.5-06 into a Medalist. I am using a Medalist for a 6x284 build and an HS for a 300 RUM build.

The manners comb is a non-issue. Your objective should not be that far back.

I would take a hard look at the B&C medalist I recently sold one with several hundred hot 7mm rem mag loads held up flawlessly , I took the action to make a 338 rum elr rig that is sitting in a manners t2 ( a long range Hammer) that took minor fitting and bedding but that was not a problem . The B&C is a hunters stock light strong, accurate and the bedding block is a true drop in. The Manners you are eyeing is a specialized high end long range target / hunting stock that is very good at its intended used. Either will do, one is $250 the other is $650.

Making the decision may not be easy depending on your goals .

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts