How's the price on this Kowa Bigeyes rig?

Sheldon

How\'s the price on this Kowa Bigeyes rig?

Attention Admins: Please Delete

Last edited:
Re: How\'s the price on this Kowa Bigeyes rig?

[ 07-12-2003: Message edited by: S1 ]

Buy It. If ya don't will ya tell me where they're at.LOL
grin.gif

SC,

I've seen and hold the Kowa spotting scope. Actually it is 20x50 and it is **** so light. I almost couldn't feel a thing. It is pretty good scope. I didn't know that someone is making a bracket for Kowa. Hmm... I'll buy the bracket if the price is good.

-Denny

[ 04-14-2003: Message edited by: Sheldon Charron ]

Here are Darryl's (I hope you don't mind me posting the pic for you Darryl...):

bauschandlomb_bigeyes.jpg

Don't mind a bit Sheldon

That is a good price on the Kowas though.
They look like the 60mm objectives and at the price, they must be.

I have put together many sets of bigeyes and have several sets of my own. I still have a set of the 77MM Kowas.

Later
DC

I have a question about big eyes? I know I hear alot about the B&L spotters. But what would be wrong with say a set of Burris landmark spotters in a rig? They are 15x-45x-60mm and I think could be picked up at a good price on e-bay. I was thinking of starting this way or maybe even a step down with burris mini spotters? Any thoughts on these set ups for beginners?

After putting 45 sets of these things together over the years I can give some info concerning the glasses.

You must stay with single power eyepieces in the two spotters in a bracket system unless they the single power eyepieces are on a turret.

You can not colimate the two variables together and when you try to power up or down with a variable eyepiece, you will be off within the eyepiece. Neither will be alighned to the other.

Many of us have tried it before.

We usually use the 22x Wide angle eyepieces which seems to be ideal.

The three eyepiece setup I have in the pic is on a two rotory turret system that click each eyepiece into a colimated position.

Your better off going with just one set of eyepieces instead of thinking variable.

Darryl Cassel

Sheldon,

I have Kowa catalogue and there is a person who is selling all kinds of Kowa and lives closer to your place. He lives in Dryden, ON. His company is Custom Shooting Specialties. Ph nbr: 807-223-3431.

He offered me $325CAN for TS-502 20x. It is 50mm spotting scope. The price is not bad but I found that it is still cheaper to order Kowa spotting scope in the states.

For TS-502 20x: $325CAN; $144US
TS-612 $???CAN; $258US

Just think about it, eh? I'm thinking about it too.
grin.gif

-Denny

Hi Denny.

The pair of bigeyes in the photo above is for sale on www.samplelist.com. We built the site, and I had one of the first looks as this set came in to stock. The scopes are about $500 each with 20-60 eyepieces, add about $300 for a second body. Add $180 x 4 more wide angle eyepieces, the bracket, case, collimating, and you end up probably around $2000. This a hell of a deal as far as I can see.

[ 04-14-2003: Message edited by: Sheldon Charron ]

Heck.. I'm all over'em if I can figure out how to order them..!! What's the scoop there web-meister.??? Hehehe..
grin.gif
There's no "Buy" option on the listed items like the normal stock.. JiNC

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.