Howa 1500 mini barrelled action

Alibiiv

I just saw Brownells have the Howa 1500 mini barreled action for $472. Curious if that is a decent price considering there's the cost of the stock to be added to that price. Also purchasing a new Howa in .450 Bushmaster is not out of the question. From what I have read on the forum the Howa is a good platform, and the "mini" action ought to be good to carry. I'm looking for light and compact. I've got plenty of black bear rifles, but...they are starting to get heavy. I have been looking for a Ruger gunsite scout rifle, however keep striking out in that area. I prefer the Ruger Scout with the walnut stock, however getting tired of waiting for them. Curious of other's thoughts on this. Thanks for any input you may have.

www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/receiver-parts/receivers/barreled-receivers/1500-barreled-mini-action-450-bushmaster-16-25-heavy-threaded-prod139424.aspx

I just saw Brownells have the Howa 1500 mini barreled action for $472. Curious if that is a decent price considering there's the cost of the stock to be added to that price. Also purchasing a new Howa in .450 Bushmaster is not out of the question. From what I have read on the forum the Howa is a good platform, and the "mini" action ought to be good to carry. I'm looking for light and compact. I've got plenty of black bear rifles, but...they are starting to get heavy. I have been looking for a Ruger gunsite scout rifle, however keep striking out in that area. I prefer the Ruger Scout with the walnut stock, however getting tired of waiting for them. Curious of other's thoughts on this. Thanks for any input you may have.

www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/receiver-parts/receivers/barreled-receivers/1500-barreled-mini-action-450-bushmaster-16-25-heavy-threaded-prod139424.aspx
I have a Howa Mini in 6.5 Grendel. It's not as light as you'd think.

I've been waiting for the mini CF stock and barrel rifle to be available in 6ARC. Any word on that model out there?? ... anywhere??

I saw the barreled actions at Brownells but Sportsmans Wharehouse has them here for 469.98 with the stock.
The Hogue stocks are much stiffer as they don't have any flex as the older Hogue stocks had.
On my Howa 1500 in 308 I had to put epoxy in the fore end to keep it from flexing but it does shoot very well.

I saw the barreled actions at Brownells but Sportsmans Wharehouse has them here for 469.98 with the stock.
The Hogue stocks are much stiffer as they don't have any flex as the older Hogue stocks had.
On my Howa 1500 in 308 I had to put epoxy in the fore end to keep it from flexing but it does shoot very well.
Thank you for this reply, it is much appreciated.

Mine must be a medium contour barrel as it's 22 inches and fairly light until I put the Arken scope on it.I took it off as it was getting a little heavy and put a 2-7 Leupold on but I could not get the scope low enough on the rail to suit me so I put the Arken back on it.
With 97 gr Absolute Hammer bullets I can hit 3000 FPS but accuracy was not great so I backed it down to 2960 I think it was where I hit a great accuracy node and stopped.Accuracy trumps speed any day.
I need to look at the 6mm Arc.

I bought the 22" 223 Mini, the seconds Stockys Carbon VGM stock(couldn't find any issues other than its a tight fit and will need minor inletting) and the Oregon Gunsmithing BDL bottom metal, 5.6lbs with the steel bases and aluminum rings.

I highly recommend this stock, 20oz
00DDAE9D-9EEC-4FC6-8E08-AE4CC905229C.jpeg
C8E4828C-25F6-433F-847E-041A6E57BB13.jpeg

I just need some ideas on color and sponge methods. The scope is 13oz, so I should be in under 6.5lbs with the bedding and pillars.

I have wondered about those carbon fiber stocks at Stocky's Stocks.Man that looks nice.
Do you drill and inlet like a regular stock?

It's already inletted for the Mini. There are just a couple of spots, one side of the recoil lug, face of the breech end of the action that has contact points that I am not happy with it. I will hand sand these areas and open up the bolt holes for a couple of small diameter spacers to act as pillars. Once I have the pillars bonded in, I will bed the action.

The bottom metal fit was near perfect, I might need to do a little once I have the action properly sitting in the stock.

I bought the 22" 223 Mini, the seconds Stockys Carbon VGM stock(couldn't find any issues other than its a tight fit and will need minor inletting) and the Oregon Gunsmithing BDL bottom metal, 5.6lbs with the steel bases and aluminum rings.

I highly recommend this stock, 20oz View attachment 412211View attachment 412212

I just need some ideas on color and sponge methods. The scope is 13oz, so I should be in under 6.5lbs with the bedding and pillars.
What's the price tag oh that stock? And thanks for the input.