How True This Is !!!!

philny1

Ain't that the truth!!!!

Subject: The Good Ole Days

HOW TRUE THIS IS!!!!

Scenario: Jack goes duck hunting before school, pulls into school parking lot with shotgun in gun rack.
1973- Vice Principal comes over, takes a look at Jack's shotgun, goes to his car and gets his to show Jack.
2006- School goes into lock down, FBI called, Jack hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in for traumatized students and teachers.

Scenario: Johnny and Mark get into a fist fight after school.
1973- Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up best friends. Nobody goes to jail, nobody arrested, nobody expelled.
2006- Police called, SWAT team arrives, arrests Johnny and Mark. Charge them with assault, both expelled even though Johnny started it.

Scenario: Jeffrey won't be still in class, disrupts other students.
1973- Jeffrey sent to office and given a good paddling by Principal. Sits still in class.
2006- Jeffrey given huge doses of Ritalin. Becomes a zombie.. School gets extra money from state because Jeffrey has a disability.

Scenario: Billy breaks a window in his neighbor's car and his Dad gives him a whipping
1973- Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college, and becomes a successful businessman.
2006- Billy's Dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy removed to foster care and joins a gang. Billy's sister is told by state psychologist that she remembers being abused herself and their Dad goes to prison. Billy's mom has affair with psychologist.

Scenario: Mark gets a headache and takes some aspirin to school.
1973- Mark shares aspirin with Principal out on the smoking dock.
2006- Police called, Mark expelled from school for drug violations. Car searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario: Pedro fails high school English.
1973: Pedro goes to summer school, passes English, goes to college.
2006: Pedro's cause is taken up by state. Newspaper articles appear nationall y explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist. ACLU files class action lawsuit against state school system and Pedro's English teacher. English banned from core curriculum. Pedro given diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he can't speak English.

Scenario :
Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from the 4th of July, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle, blows up a red ant bed.
1973- Ants die.
2006- BATF, Homeland Security, FBI called. Johnny charged with domestic terrorism, FBI investigates parents, siblings removed from home, computers confiscated, Johnny's Dad goes on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

Scenario: Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Mary. Mary, hugs him to comfort him.
1973- In a short time Johnny feel s better and goes on playing.
2006- Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in State Prison. Johnny undergoes 5 years of therapy

thats not funny /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif If only it was now like it was in the old days

Bearless ,

Your comparisons are fairly accurate ............for the most part .

Rather than get into a debate about those comparisons I would like to point out a sad thing . No , thats not entirely accurate either , I wont " like to point these things out " , just will for those that are reading the post you started .

What is the difference between the " then and now" you have brought up ? Why are the children in your comparisons responding or acting different than they were only a few decades ago ??

The answer is all too clear . Mankind is steadily moving away from an acknowledgement of and therefore appropiate obedience to the Creator .

Some will say that it is because the children are being raised by single parents on a greater scale . That is not he problem !! it is because children are being raised by parent(s )that do not believe that we are " created " and therefore do not owe anything to any other than ourselves . You could put parentheses around "selves" to define the problem .

This is not really humor but sadness instead , the world is not geting better , look around , it is worse than it ever was .

Jim B.

those are good ole days... Let them not be forgotten! It's important to be in the World not of the world. "Don't follow the crowd"... Stick to your guns.. Pun intended.

Hey got any pic's of the ranch? Send me an email..

I think if things were like they used to be, we would have less of what happeneed at VT a couple days ago. We always took shotguns to school lso we all could go bird hunting after school. I rode the bus in Elementary School and Jr High, where the bus driver had a scabbard attatched to his seat to cary his 32 special. He said the best time to hunt was when he was driving the school bus. I never saw him shoot anything but we did stop a couple times to look for awhile.

Whoe There
Hold On Jim
This is a joke I received and passed along to the forum. Nothing more, nothing less.
There not my comparisons. Its not even my joke. Its fictious Jim and like any other joke some may not find it amusing. Do you understand that??
If you would take the time to read it: the children, parents, teachers are not acting differently, its the response to their actions that has drastically changed and hense the humor.
You're looking for something that ain't there fella.
And as the old saying goes; ya can make some of the people smile all of the time and all of the people smile.........oh well

Sweet memories you have triggered!! Man I used to pack my shotgun too and head out right after school. I grew up in a small town where the pickup truck's had gunracks with guns in them - yes gun's in them --- funny but I dont remember anybody every stealing from them...

Cool bus driver!!

we allways left our guns in the racks while we where in class heck back then when we had quarter exams we had 1 1/2 hours between class and would sit out in the parking lot and drink a few beers between class they woundnt say anything as long as you where 18 which was the legal age then. I use to stop by the assitant principables office and get a dip of coppenhagen from him if i had run out

My sr. year, we had a party in front of the school, so no one would be late for graduation practice. 2 years later, they had snipers at the graduation, Because of gang vilonce or something. This is in an oklahoma town of 3000. Hickville all the way. It is amazing how quick it changes

Hey Bearless ,

My apology for coming across that way . Nothing you did just have a bur in my saddle about what has changed in the world since those " good ol" days " and why .

I'll be good now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jim B

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.