How to shoot beyond belief video?

It's 3 DVD's, 10+ hours. I found it interesting enough, and it was very educational to me as a newbie to long range shooting. It gave me plenty of background to understand what people are talking about on here on both equipment, reloading, shooting, etc. I think it's a great place to get started, but opinions may vary. It gave me the base knowledge to make this info on this site a whole lot more useable.

I've been shooting long range for over 30 years and I found it to be informative and also confirming that much of what we have developed is very similar to what he is doing. I would warn you to watch all 3 DVD's and not at one setting. This year, our group shot antelope at 300, 650, and 700 yds using this information. We have taken elk at 500, 680, and 860 yes in other years. This year, 400 yds was the only elk we brought home.

Check out this post Best of the West DVD John Burns used to post on this forum. Unfortunately it seems like some people really layed into him about his BDCs. All of his rebutals made perfect sense to me. The guy who really ripped him up and down just had something against him. I haven't seen a post from John in a long time. You can look on the User List and find all of John's posts. I do know that he is no longer on the TV show which really blows. He's the main reason I watched the show. The other guys are all right but I really enjoyed watching John's shooting instruction. I'm hoping that I get the DVDs for Xmas. I have seen a couple newer episodes and they now have this telemarketer type guy who talks with his hands alot and gives a real heavy sales pitch for the item of the week. One of the complaints I have read about the DVDs is that the balloons are on metal plates and any hit of the plate will pop the balloon. I actually watched the episode on today and he was again shooting balloons on a plate but he stated that any hit on the plate would pop the balloon. I don't think he is trying to pull the wool over anyones eyes or sell any particular product. Someone complained because he took a guided elk trip for free but didn't diclose it. I always assumed that every single hunting show that has a guide and their name is repeatedly mentioned was advertisement and most likely the trip was comped for the free advertisement.

I read on here somewhere that he was no longer with the show. If you go on their website which has been newly updates he is not listed as one of the hosts. There are a bunch of new hosts as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.