How to properly clean a Win Model 70 at home?

GABR13L

Sorry for the newb thread... but how should I clean my Mod 70 once I am at home from the range/hunt? Does a proper cleaning involve breaking down into individual parts (like pistol cleaning), or do I just clean it as a whole? My cleaning mats include:

Jag w/ patches
Nylon brush
Hoppes Bench Rest 9 Powder Solvent
Hoppes Bench Rest 9 Copper Terminator
RemOil
Gun rags

I realize that cleaning while breaking in a barrel is different, but what about typical maintenance cleaning? If you guys could give me a brief rundown, or point me to where I could find this info, I'd really appreciate it.

with that list 1)I would first run one patch wet with #9 powder solvent , let sit a couple mins then make 5-6 strokes with the brush , 2)another wet patch then a dry patch , 3)one patch wet with #9 copper solvent let sit a few min then 4-5 strokes with the brush , 4)one wet patch let sit brush again , several dry patches. 5)run one wet patch with copper solvent let sit couple min then one dry patch , you will see some blue/green color that the copper comming out , repeat steps 3-5 and you will see that the copper is getting less and less.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.