How to get tikka T3 Super Varmint 7mm???

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by superlite17, May 15, 2008.

1. superlite17

superlite17 Well-Known Member

Could you tell me if there is ANY way to get that gun? Beretta does not import the mags. Can a UK dealer ship here, etc? I want a 7mm with the heavy barrel, and have bought the Sendero which was the only heavy/bull barrel I could find, accuracy was awfull for a heavy... over 1 MOA at 150 yards. Do you know of any other 7mm heavy that are shooters? Or for that matter any other 7mm you would highly recomend?

I have heard NOTHING can beat that Varmint Tikka, but cannot figure a way to get it here.

Thanks - Rod

2. harfman99

harfman99 Well-Known Member

savage

Savage makes a great 7mm mag heavy. My dad and I both have 112 BVSS's wich shoot well under half moa. The rifles are not in production but the custom shop will build you one for about 800$

3. WildcatB

WildcatB Well-Known Member

I tried for a while to get a 243 tikka varmint...and gave up and bought the .308 instead because I found a good deal.

However I learned that you might be able to get one in Canada but I don't know if it's really possible or what's involved with getting it across the border.

Another option is to call this place: Beretta Gallery - New York
    718 Madison Avenue
    New York, New York, USA 10021
    Phone: 212.319.3235
    Fax: 212.207.8219

They might be able to import one for you.

By the way, the .308 I got shoots amazingly amazingly well and the action is super super smooth. I'd rather have the .243 but if/when I shoot this barrel out, that's what I'll replace it with.

Good luck and let me know if you eventually get one.

Paul

4. superlite17

superlite17 Well-Known Member

Thank you all... Tried their Galleries and Canada. Is there a way to order from UK? I cannot believe they simply just do not import them. And Beretta... they have been a nightmare. Never can get a real person who knows what is going on. Like you were speaking of Savage, what about special order? Not Beretta!

About Savage, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE Savage, and believe they make the best most accurate production rifles out. But the action drives me crazy, seems so clunky, but it drives tacks!

I had a Tikka 7mm Continental with a heavy barrel, REAL shooter, but stock cracked at the grip area. Sent back to Tikka, and could never get that gun to shoot again...

Thanks - Rod