How to fix scope

Cricket

Hi I mounted my scope on my Remington 541 and shot it. The scope ran out of adj for going up what can I do

if short 2 MOA at 100 yds., wrong mounts/wrong rings/bad scope,
any or all of the above

Before we try to analyze the problem, let's get some more information.
What make, model scope do you have?
What mounts are you using? Are they bedded to the receiver?
What rings are you using?
Is the action of the rifle solidly attached to the stock? Are the action screws properly tightened?

It's a leuopld vx2 and I will check everything else when I get home thank you

OK. Even though there are probably two dozen models of the VX2, at this point we can be certain that your scope has at least 50MOA of adjustment.
Let's start there.
Before you mounted the scope, did you center the vertical adjustment so that you had an equal amount of adjustment remaining (25+MOA) in each direction?
Measuring from the center of the bore to the center of the scope, what's the distance?

I would suggest you have the rings on incorrectly, the scope should angle down towards the barrel at the front, try swapping the rings from front to back and see how that goes. You will have to re-zero your reticle, to do this, wind the screw all the way one way until it stops, then count ALL the clicks it takes to go all the way the other way until it stop, then wind tge reticle back half as many clicks to get zero. I would do this on both elevatiin and windage. Then, I would bore sight the scope to the rifle. If you don't know how to do this correctly, look it up on youtube.

Cheers.
gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.