How much wind, is to much?

My I6 program does not figure spin drift...I checked and the numbers are the same for both LH and RH winds. I shut that off, along with the coriolls function on my Shooter program when I did the calcs, so spin drift and coriolls, although real, are not figured into these numbers. Obviously They would be in a real shooting situation.

I checked the 7:30 wind as you asked....7.2 moa, or 82% of a full value 9:00 wind.

I aways used 75% as a "rule of thumb" for the 45 degree (7:30) wind before I had any apps that I could use in the field.

They sure have changed how I think about the wind!!!
I'm not sure why they weight the fractional winds the way they do.

All I can say is get out and do some shooting using those values and see how close those calculations come to your field results.

I've done pretty well over the years at managing to hit what I'm shooting at figuring it the way that I do but I'm not running down to measure POI vs POA especially when I'm just busting rocks or varmints LOL.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.