How Much Will You Spend On Hunting & Shooting Stuff In The Next 12 Months?

How Much Will You Spend On Hunting & Shooting Stuff In the next 12 months?

• $0 to $250

Votes: 36 1.6%
  • $251 to $500

Votes: 128 5.6%
  • $501 to $1,000

Votes: 383 16.7%
  • $1,001 to $2,500

Votes: 657 28.7%
  • Over $2,500

Votes: 1,089 47.5%

• Total voters
Ever hunted paper 600 to 1000 yards holding less than 1/4 moa? gun)

No. There is a real cost in dollars to accomplish that feat, an investment in
equipment and time spent in research. I started out with an investment of
1400 dollars. That bought a rifle, scope, spotting scope, and ammo. Of
course these items are of the low dollar category, but very serviceable.

Buying a piece here and there I now have a reloading set up, reloading
.223, 7mm, 30-06, 30-30, 45 auto. and 44 Mag.

It's not that I don't shoot those distances, It's learning the stances, breath
control and body control necessary for that kind of shooting. I have spent
eight months, shooting once and sometimes twice a week on the range
shooting at 100 and 200 yards to get four shot groups in the Moa. circle.
If it's a good day I will walk the targets out to 1k.

1Hunter,
Sounds like your on the right track. I do too practice in all four positions. It is humbling. I only load 223,308,9mm and 45acp. I also anneal and that alone saves cost. I soak up alot of knowledge from other experienced shooters and tailer them to my needs and do plenty of reading on this site alone. Still I am saving up to take up long range coarse so I don't develop bad habits. gun)
David

1Hunter,
Sounds like your on the right track. I do too practice in all four positions. It is humbling. I only load 223,308,9mm and 45acp. I also anneal and that alone saves cost. I soak up alot of knowledge from other experienced shooters and tailer them to my needs and do plenty of reading on this site alone. Still I am saving up to take up long range coarse so I don't develop bad habits. gun)
David

David sounds like a plan. The club I belong to in Central Oregon has a multitude
of Experts in almost every discipline you can imagine. They are very gracious
in sharing their knowledge.

I reload for 14 different Rifles and calibers , this eats up the dollars and I have just finished building a 338/06 A Square so by the time I fit a decent scope this year there's the $2500 blown. What can I say

I reload for 14 different Rifles and calibers , this eats up the dollars and I have just finished building a 338/06 A Square so by the time I fit a decent scope this year there's the $2500 blown. What can I say
You sound a lot like me mate. I load for 14 different chamberings and a few double ups but would not have it any other way. I got a call from my smith today to say he had finnished another rifle in 6mm-06 for me so there goes another $4200 and change and its only February. Just a couple of other new rifles this season and I will be happy.
Then I will start buying some for the wife and daughter they have both just sat their WIT and are getting licences and permits sorted now.
I think its going to be an expensive year. I spent $350 on primers last week after learning of the problems with supply.

Am weird in the way of buying new gear superstitious you might say .. I have been very lucky when it comes to mule deer and bull elk ,but this year I did buy a new pack a havalon knife. My boots are American made danners my pants are wool with a camo pattern I don't need to get into the rest of my gear... to sum it I try to buy stuff that last any only use it for hunting when not using it store it in a tote and leave it a lone

Am weird in the way of buying new gear superstitious you might say .. I have been very lucky when it comes to mule deer and bull elk ,but this year I did buy a new pack a havalon knife. My boots are American made danners my pants are wool with a camo pattern I don't need to get into the rest of my gear... to sum it I try to buy stuff that last any only use it for hunting when not using it store it in a tote and leave it a lone

Yep, sounds like a plan.

Right now it's a little difficult to spend any money on bullets, primers, cases,
and powder until the government quits buying it all up. Remember, that's your
tax dollar at work.

Long range competative shooter and avid hunter. I will spend in the area of $10,000.00 this year not counting travel or entrance fees.

Not knowing your itinerary, but guessing that you will attend one or two shoots
per month, depending on the different disciplines you may shoot.
Do you compete out side the United States?

Do your activities include some hunting trips?

Yes, I would say you have a good start.

If a person was to go all out, I can see $20,000 without a
doubt. The list would not be very long either.

I would say that your figure is fairly realistic. Most of us do not include
all of our cash outlays. I will spend about 1233.00 dollars for fuel to go
to the rifle range for the year. Three to four hundred in fuel for each hunting
trip. I buy on the internet most of my reloading supplies, delivery charges are less
than the cost of fuel to buy from a store. Even when you pay government ransom
for some items. Hunting license and tags 3 to 4 hundred.

Then there are reloading costs, sundry equipment for shooting and hunting.
Truck and camper licenses, Insurance, food.

The answer to the question is: A LOT.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.