how much does molly change the B.C of a bullet

Varmint Hunter got it right. Moly, and for that matter, 3 groove barrels will reduce the wear and tear on the bullet which produces a more perfect bullet and will keep a higher b.c. than one beat up in the trip down the barrel.

I fire Bergers with thin J4 jackets at speeds and spins that all experts say can't happen.

Don't care what they think, works for me.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Do bullets curve alittle one way or another depending on rifling direction?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

However minor, compared to gravity, I think it is well established.

Good hunting. LB

I can't speak about golf balls or moly coatings, but the dimple discussion is apples to oranges. If we had data on the effect of dimpling on a supersonic golf ball, then the aerodynamics would relate. I think I would like to see that shockwave!

Chessman if you check out any modern ballistic data you will definitely see bernoulli and magnus names near the top.
Also one shot with a tracer round in a barrel with rightn hand and another with left hand twist will show you a remarkable difference if you shoot to 1500 yards plus.
As to Dan Hackett in general he is a wealth of good information and if anyone here corresponds with him on a regular basis ask him about JDK Nimbus rings slipping.You can then e-mail Jim Goody one of the finest shooters alive and see if Dans factual statements ring true-no pun intended.Dan usually likes scientific proof and McCoy and Vaughn have already given it even if Dan disagrees.
Lynn
Lynn

confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

db

I see no compelling argument, in either direction.

....but, I still have an opinion. Moly on rifle bullets is technical VooDoo. LB

[ 08-27-2004: Message edited by: LB ]

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.