How much ammo (total) do you have (or have enough components to load)

How much ammo (total) do you have (or have enough components to load)

• Total voters

4ked Horn

I was trying to think of a topic so I could play with the "Poll" option. I believe that the answers to the poll are anonymous so I didn't think this topic would invade any ones privacy. I was just curious to see if out members owned a few guns or a room full or if the spread was pretty even across the board. Include all working smokeless powder and black powder guns of any caliber.

For those that own more than 30 rifles, how many divorces have been caused by remembering what day you bought each rifle but not what day you got married?
Or that you know every gun by cal. on sight, but have called your wife by the wrong name on accedent? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

As of this evening my poll has 56 votes and a possible total of 1153 (or more) guns.

That is an average of 20.58 guns for everyone who has participated in the top pole at this point.

Looks like I need to catch up a little bit with the average gun owner. HHmmm? The boys need some .22s and the wife wants a Benelli Montifeltro (Who came up with that name?) 20 ga. I should buy each of the boys a .45 auto now cuz they ain't getting any cheaper. Of course 3 FULLY custom, matching .280 AI are on the list. A .50? Maybe a .338 lap imp for the big stuff.

Where will it end?

In Britain we are limited to the amount of firarms we can possess by our firarms certificate. I am allowed to have 5 and currently own 2. The certificate also specifies what calibres i can have,which i ask for when i apply for or renew my certificate. An ammunition quota for each calibre is also specified. When i apply for or renew my certificate i send my application to the local police authority and they send a firarms enquiry officer to visit me at home, he will then conduct an interview with me to ascertain i am of sound mind and body and to prove my "good reson" to possess each firarm. Heres the good one: I have to give permission for them to consult my medical records for any past mental illness, or anything that they may find which they think makes me an unsuitable applicant. As for a criminal record, ihave meet a criteria which is higher then what is needed to become a police officer! One little slip and i lose the lot. For this intrusion i have to pay £52 about $100,but we are very dedicated and love our sport and will overcome any hurdles the government continuously put infront of us, the next lot of which are due early in the new year.

Good Hunting.

Just think of where WE (the US) would be without the efforts of the NRA and other such organizations. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Its like this guys,
If we want our guns we have to do as they say,and shut up.
The BS wears down a few shooters all the time and when they cant take it any more they throw in the towel in disgust. Myself i'm a die hard and wont give up untill my guns are taken of me. As for the English NRA they're about as much use as tits on a bull,a bunch of toffs who are only interested in tradition who say " As long it does not affect our branch of shooting we dont give a stuff. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Wow, that is too bad. There is so much to be said about all of what you wrote and so little time to say it. Unfortunately we all already agree so it would not matter much writing it anyway.

I wish fewer shooters saw their prefered sport or use of guns as a "branch" to be protected. I would rather all shooters saw all shooting as a "room" and they worked together to protect their right to walk freely from one area of the room to the other and took steps to ensure that the room didn't get any smaller.

[ QUOTE ]
are taken of me. As for the English NRA they're about as much use as tits on a bull,a bunch of toffs who are only interested in tradition who say " As long it does not affect our branch of shooting we dont give a stuff. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

We do have that problem here, just not as severe. There are many gun owners that don't really care if the government outlaws pistols or AR-15's, as long as it doesn't affect their bolt action hunting rifles. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif It is total B.S. What they can't seem to realize is that the 2nd amendment mentions NOTHING about hunting, and that the gun control nuts won't stop until all guns are banned.

Centre Punch

Perhaps this will give you some hope for the future.

In the Rep. Of Ireland, about 7 years ago, rifle calibres up to .270 inch were finally allowed for deer hunting and target shooting. Previously only .22 inch was allowed.

Last summer, pistols were finally allowed for target shooting. The Glock is becoming quite popular here.

These new freedoms did not require a change in the law, as it was police policy which was the problem. The solution was to embarrass the police force in court until the finally couldn't take it any more and they began to issue the required licences.

This reversed a policy which had been in place since 1971.

Strange thing is, pistol shooting has always been allowed in Northern Ireland.

Rgds

It sounds like you have a more sensible government,and more people who are not afraid to fight the police in court,alas the police, or shall i say the association of chief police officers (they dont deserve capital letters)have this one stiched up as well. On the front page of our FACs, after the usual conditions, is a section which states: "The chief officer of police may add additional conditions which he deems are applicable." this means he can put down any restrictions he wants to,and the Firarms Ammendment act 1997 has taken away our right to appeal against these conditions. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif From 1983 untill the Dunblane massacre i was a pistol shooter,and i cannot for the life of me understand why pistol shooting carries on in Northern Ireland,when we are all subject to the same laws. The governments answer to that is: On mainland UK pistols are not banned they have been given section 5 status where as those NI are still on section 1. I could go on and on about this and get myself really worked but i'm not going to,i'm justgoing to hope thatthings will get better for all of us.

Merry Christmas. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

100 votes and 1885 possible guns. 18.85 guns per respondant.

Looks like I need 4.85 more guns. I dont want to fall to far behind ya know. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Let's see... gun cabinet's full, three on top, two loaded hand guns in each dresser drawer, a loaded .44 single action stuffed in my layZboy tv chair... hmm, I still got some toes left to count with. **** I need to buy some more guns soon( before Sotomayor is confirmed).

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.