How many shoot their TAC-15's off-hand?

Bob, welcome!

I just ordered an inexpensive folding, vertical grip to try. It may be good for off hand shooting, too.

The ForeGrip on Mine still gives a reasonable balance even at 14.7lbs UK, but I only shoot Prone, so weight isn't an issue.

Will make some Shooting Sticks eventually.

My thoughts are yes we should be able to shoot our Tac 15 crossbows offhand out to 100 yards. My quest for this will begin, if spring ever comes this year.

I plan on taking a page out of the Schuetzen book ( Offhand Long Range Black Powder Matches ) forward barrel heavy rifles.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_-xGH02JIE"]YouTube - Schuetzen Rifle[/ame]

Right now I'm using my folding vertical grip as my palm rest. The vertical grip also aids in cranking the crossbow.

I'm plan to making a horse butt plate to fit under my armpit this will aid in balance and compliment the palm rest.

I figure if the Schuetzen offhand shooters can shoot 200 yards with front heavy rifles. We should be able to shoot 100 yards with our crossbows.

Hey Guys you gotta try this for your 100 yard shots...!!! gun)
I have not had the opportunity to test it out yet, but for those of you that can a simple $90.00 purchase will make you smile :D

I was talking to Len Backus just after I had purchased my TAC-15 and he said he was looking at a SteddyEddy by TenPoint crossbows and some other mono pod shooting sticks.

GUYS this is too much fun to shoot with... but you will have to make some modifications to properly mount it to your TAC-15. Get your thinking caps on!!!lightbulblightbulblightbulb

The SteddyEddy is specifically designed to mount to the TenPoint and SixPoint Crossbows, but it can be adapted to the TAC-15.

Here is a link of the current 2011 product and a breif video of it in use...
SteddyEddy™

Currently you can mount the front portion to one of the 4 holes on the underside of your front main rail. It is a 10/24 screw mount. This will allow you to try it and get a feel how it handles your TAC-15... if you don't like it then just return it and no loss. Currently in most stores is the 2010 version that is a metal ball and socket design, the new 2011 version is a rubber hose with the mount on one end and the other to the mounting stick. You can hold onto the the foam upper handle for stability or you can keep both hands on the TAC-15 and just move as you like. The down side that I have noticed so far is that the rubber ball at the end slides easily on your clothing. You will need to tuck it in a good spot into your hip or create a pocket that you hook to your belt and have it sit in that to keep it consistanly steady. I have both metal and rubber mounts and so far I am leaning toward the rubber for the easiest use and manuverablity. When you buy it in the store of calling TenPoint directly make sure the clip is rubber dipped, if not you can do this yourself... it adds an extra grip to the mono pod and also does not score the black pole. I had spoke with a rep from TenPoint and he said that he was using it at 70 yards with really tight groups.

I am currently looking to mount an adapter to a quick release for the front support and then for the rear to clip into place using an EMA Tactical mag clip. The mag will have to be cut to allow it to fit, but I still have not decided how I'm going to do it.

I have not worked out all the details, but I'm getting close...:)
Good Luck and let me know if anyone has some great groups at 80+yards.
Thanks.

Attachments

• DSCF2410e.jpg
    DSCF2410e.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 130
  • DSCF2413e.jpg
    DSCF2413e.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 116
  • DSCF2414e.jpg
    DSCF2414e.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 93
  • DSCF2415e.jpg
    DSCF2415e.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 104
  • DSCF2425ee.jpg
    DSCF2425ee.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 102
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.