How many primers and bullets should I buy?

How many primers and bullets, and how much powder should I buy?

• Enough for next season, the democrats will end the conflict in IRAQ and there will be a surplus

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Four years supply, theres no way Hillary will go two terms

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Eight years supply, Obama will surely win and serve two terms

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • A lifetime supply, reloading components will be taxed so bad we will stop shooting altogether

Votes: 27 60.0%
  • Please don't create any more dumb polls

Votes: 11 24.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dwm

I'm thinking that there is a possibility that the democratic party may win the election, so what do you recommend?

This is in the humor section, come on guys go out and "vote" (above) ....

Last edited:
Honestly, when I buy a new rifle and figure out what it likes to eat, I buy enought bullets, primers and powder to burn out the barrel. With my 7WSM I figured on 1,200-1,500 rounds and bought 3,500 Berger 180s (I got two barrels right off the bat). With a .308 that amounts to a bunch of bullets and a ton of powder, so I only buy a year or so worth (figure 1,500 rounds a year) storage is a bit tough where I'm at.

With some rarer commodities, like Federal 215M primers, I bought 1,500, but then I saw how hard they were to find and recently bought 6K more when I saw someone that had them. Buy in bulk, as the prices NEVER seem to go down and they gain in value sitting in your store room. Cost is always a consideration and your ability to properly store the items. Bullets need no temperature control or special storage so they are easy.

fyi - If I were to sell my 7mm Berger 180s for their current retail price I would make at least $6.00 a box, depending upon the retailer.

JeffVN

It's not a bad idea to buy everything you can afford. I was caught in the "Great Primer Famine" of the 1980's, and it left me quite deranged. I have many, many, many, thousands of primers, and am now working on doing the same thing with powders. If nothing else, I can cast bullets to keep shooting, all that tooling is already paid for.

Gas

Just think of these as commodities like gasoline if you knew it was going to be around $4.00 this year wouldn't you have bought a couple hundred gallons last year if you could have prebought.Boy i wish I had.So buy alot of reloading supplies now cause I garuntee the general public could care less what they cost.Look at stuff made in China it is cheaper until you can buy it from nowhere else than you have to buy it at their price: we have lost so many industries in the U.S. because everyone thinks it doesn't affect them until it is too late and then they realize it did.Car manufacturers buy parts from overseas and south of the border it is cheaper but are the recalls and peoples death worth the cheaper price.I suggest you buy anything American you can such as firearms and reloading supplies because the Chinese will make it as cheap as they can get away with and do you want to be the one that it blows up on or get some kind of poisioning from tainted products.Lead paint in our children is just the tip of the ice berg believe me.We already let them make parts for our weapons that we may have to use against them one day so you know they aren't going to put them together with as much enthusiasm as a patriot making a round to use against an enemy.Why haven't we done like we did in the first 2 world wars when the country is at war and the country's economy is in peril we make things for the war effort that way all the money is going from us to the government and back to us in the economy to get us through the hard times.Car manufactures should be making vehicles, planes, tanks and such.Firearms companys should be making new weapons and ammunition makers ammo for our boys,not foreigners who don't care about our sons,daughters, brothers and sisters.I may sound like a kook but we used to call it patriotism.Didn't we leave a country do to taxation without representation,and pour tons of tea into a harbor for being overtaxed.But today we just go along like lemmings to the cliff.Well enough preaching and politicing.I just had to vent.Charles Walker proud Marine not as lean, still as mean,and ready to defend my country against all enemies foreign and domestic.OOOOhrah Semper Fi,Carry On

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts