How many Prairie Dogs have you shot in one sitting?

MachV: Now that would be something - killing 250 Prairie Dogs with 100 shots!

It would be tuff with a 223 or 204 but put a Vmax into one of the bigger rounds and WOW. It was not very hard to get tripples with the 7mag or the 243 useing the larger Vmaxes or softnoses!
That virgin town in Montana also had a lot of gravel in the mound material so a shot put low into the mound really did a great job of barking them.
To this end we got ourselfs in the middle of a small range war back about that time. We shot one ranch the first day but found a rancher out in the field on our way out the second day, we stoped and asked if he had any dogs. He dirrected us up to the old building site, through the hay yard and stay right when the 2 track Ys to the next fence=there you are at the dogs. Well we did just that and found a LOT of dogs on the other side of the fence. We noticed what apeared like plow furows in the field and upon checking they where 100 yards apart. Something was wrong here but I didnt see it till a truck came up the draw from the other side with one POed rancher in it. He was about to aply SSS on us when I informed him we had permission from the guy down there (pointing where we had come from) He then informed us to get the !&#$ off his tournament town and headed for the rancher we had gotten permision from at full throttle!!!!! We topped the hill in time to see the POed rancher reaching inside the other ranchers pickup to pull him out. By the time we got to them Mr POed was calmed down a lot and the permision giver was bleeding in numerous places but otherwise alive. Mr Poed offered to let us shoot some of his other towns but warned us not to EVER go anywhere near his tournament town again, we declind and found friendlier towns elswhere.....

My buddy and I show Mr. Browns town with a 22-250 and my 22-243 A.I. with 75 gr A-Max bullets. In the first 50 rounds each we both had 45 hits, I would think all died due to the slap when hit and none over 200 yds. We shot 3 to 4 hrs like that. Not sure of the total count, but it was the best ever on 80% + hits, or more.gun)No wind, perfect temps, big dogs.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.