How long is the magazine well on a Weatherby Mark V Magnum Action?

dwm

I am intersted to know if anyone has a Weatherby Mark V Magnum action(or has access to one).

Are they a true magnum action?

How long is the magazine well? Will it take a RUM with the bullet seated out? Is there such an action? Are we confined to shoot single shot from these sort of magnum actions?

From reading a few other posts recently, this sounds like a fine long range RUM candidate.

I may be able to find a used one.

Are there disadvantages to using one of these as a starting point for a long range rig?

Doug

I have built one in 300 RUM ( tight chamber throated for 220 SMK with 31 barrel lenght ) that work fine but I use only the rifle in SS with a loading plate as davidson design glue in the stock

mag box of the Wea look cheap and have lot of cant ( to stay in streamline rifle ? )

best action strong and safe is the P14/US17 made by winchester , good steel , long stroke , able be converted in repeater for real long action,that perhaps the only interesting miltary action for custom job and cost of improvement/mofication to look as REM 720 action is acceptable because take off receiver. action are sale at low price

good shooting

DAN TEC

Dwm,

The measurements of the Weatherby Mark V that I have has a 3.815 mag box with a 3.425 port opening including the bullet tip cut out in the action.

My RUM action has a 3.700 mag box with a 3.250 port opening.

On your last question, I don't think so. but then again opinions are like... well you know.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts