How has your 25-06 treated you?

I love all my 25's. I have a 25-06, 25-06AI, and a 257Wby. Never needed more than one shot on a deer with any of them. My longest is about 300yds with a 110NAB, but saw one of my friends take a doe at 515yds with a 115 Berger. 25's just seem to kill all out of proportion with their size.

I love my Remington 700 25-06. Longest kill was a whitetail doe at 359 yards. 1 shot and she dropped in her tracks.

Owned several different 25-06's DEER KILLIN MACHINES. Personally I used the Tikka T3 lite with 100gr BT and its bang flop. Both wife (wife took over tikka) and daughter (remington Sendero) have 25-06s as well they love them. I use 257 WTBY now but still grab tikka when i need to grab a rifle quick out of the safe for something....

I have a Cooper Montana Varminter in 25-06. Just got it. Had a tack driver Nosler 25-06 M48 before that but it just did not fit my hand well and I sold it and got this one.
Haven't shot it yet but taking it to the range next week. Going to try the following factory ammo:\
Nosler Custom 100 gr NP
Federal 115 Gr NO
Hornady Superformance 117 SST
Doubletap 110 GR NAB
I am sure I will find a very sub MOA load in one of these and then take it to the whitetail woods in November.

Love my Weatherby Vanguard S@ .25-06. Killed two pronghorn in Wyoming last week, 289 and 410 yards. Barnes Vor-Tx 100 Gr. TTSX factory load, bang flop twice. Outstanding rifle/cartridge combo. Out of the box, stock shot .343 MOA at 100 Yd with the Barnes factory load.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.