how hard is it to find

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by luger306, Feb 13, 2009.

1. luger306

luger306 Active Member

how hard is it to find reloading equipment/components in your area I am trying to get into reloading but am having trouble finding the equipment/components even on line. so I am wondering where do you get your equipment/components and has it got harder to get

2. silvertip-co

silvertip-co Well-Known Member

Walmart.

3. ICANHITHIMMAN

ICANHITHIMMAN Well-Known Member

not hard everyone has it were do you live?

4. luger306

luger306 Active Member

Duson,Louisiana all stores on RCBS web sight said that they could order it for a small fee. I could order it on line cheaper.the midway web sight has everything on back order.the walmart has cut its sporting goods to nothing so it looks like I will have to order it on line

5. ICANHITHIMMAN

What are you looking for?

6. britz

britz Well-Known Member

7. luger306

luger306 Active Member

well I have a few thing some brass,a little cash,a little knowledge,and a will to give it a try.so I need everything else(press,dies,scale)lets just say everything.:D

8. ICANHITHIMMAN

dies for what caliber? What die are you looking for? All that stuff is easy to come buy here maybe I can help you out?

9. luger306

luger306 Active Member

30-06 not a true longe range round.the power and primers seem to be the hardest to find around here.not a lot of gun shops keep it in stock not a lot of people seam to reload any more

10. ICANHITHIMMAN

did you try these guys

Louisiana Gun & Reloading Supply

6031 Siegen Ln
    Baton Rouge, LA 70809 Map
    • (225) 291-2942
    Waggenspack

GUN AND RELOADING SUPPLY

13390 LeBlanc Rd.
    Gonzales, La. 70737

Phone: 225-647-8126
    Email: wgrs@eatel.net

11. luger306

luger306 Active Member

never heard of them thanks for info. I will give them a call when I get in. I could use a road trip.I have talked to some guys and they are having the same problem it must be a local problem.

12. ICANHITHIMMAN

Its not a local issue everyone is sold out of most of the popular stuff you have to look around for sure. I had to go to an out of the way place as oposed to my main guy and I bought everything he had.

It has to do with the new president and everyone is freeking out and for good cause I think.

13. luger306

luger306 Active Member

talked to a friend and he heard that you will need a perment to buy any powder,primer or ammo has anyone else heard this there are a lot of rumors flying around some true some not

14. britz

britz Well-Known Member

So far, I think it is all just hot air. BUT, if the demo's get their way lots will change. I have talked to a couple loading supply stores myself and what they said made sense. Hodgdon and other producers layed off employees just like every other industry and they are haveing a hard time keeping up with the little rush after the new president took over.

I sure hope it is all just hot air!!