How good is Long range hunting ?

redbone

IS they a Fourm on the web Betterr than Long Range Shooting .
I have been on alot if fourm an I have not found another Fourm that will give a shooter more info then Long Range hunting

Is they another fourm on the web that can come close.
If so Post it where we can compare.

Redbone

I don't think that there is one to compare with LRH. Its pretty much in a league of its own.

Most, if not all, others seem to have some kind of ax to grind.

LRH has a higher level of integrity and discipline and remains on track with its filtering process that limits the stuff.

The moderators are to be congratulated on maintaining the quality of LRH.

Redbone,

I can't prove it to you, but some world class shooters hang out around here. Both military (current and past) and civillian tactical shooters as well. Many have married their professional skills to hunting.

You just have to take my word for that.

Additionally, there are no finer LR Gunsmiths that can be found other than on here.

I love it here. You can scrap, disagree and move on. Many sites (forums)are frequented by nothing but soft skin sissy wanna bes, IMHO.

They are in the same class of A-holes who think that LRH is unethical.

ceg

Ceg

I just asked this ?
because I have not found a better fourm any where .
I just would like form to know what the rest of you out there thought the same.

If there is any Fourm that would come close I would like to see it.

Redbone

It all depends on what you want to do or know. I would say that on 24 hour campfire that the backpacking hunting section is filled with people who know their way around a backpack. I do not care for a lot of the other parts of that forum but that particular set of hunters know their gear.

If you want to know about competition coyote hunting then I think Leonards forum is really good. Certainly if you want to hunt coyotes at night few people are in Leonards league (Just my opinion).

If you want to know about bowhunting then I don't really know which one I would recommend being as they seem to run to brands of bows and if you shoot the wrong brand, too bad.

Just my opinion, but if you are just interested in killing a deer or elk for meat in the freezer this is the wrong place to be. Most of the gear recommended and used here is to add a challenge to the life of people who have gotten tired of just whacking an animal and dragging it out of the woods. LRH is a very specialized forum that fits a small niche of people who for some different reasons want to hunt in a different manner.

I would also not insult any of the Pennsylvania longrange hunters who have contributed greatly to this sport.

Be that as it may, this forum is the one that I consider to be "home". I like the people here and there is always somebody doing something new and different.

I agree with BB. I don't visit any other sites than this one. It is my home page and I loose sleep over loads that you guys come up with. Just wondering what I can do to help you guys, because I've learned so much from the professionals on this site. Even though I have never met face to face with anyone on this site, I feel that I know some of you really well. I don't post as much as some, but Ilook on this site everyday. When I'm stressed out at work I take a manditory LRH break. Let's just put it this way, when I started looking on this site I didn't know scat about handloading. Know I consider myself to be half way descent at it. When I look back on some of my old posts I say, "what a idiot". Thanks guys for all of your knowledge and information. You are all professionals and I will try and return the favor by providing honest findings on all of my experiments. I will be faithful to Longrangehunting.com.
Here's to you Gents,
Brandon

There are several decent forums out there with information for those who are seeking it. They are specialized in what they do and as such pretty much stick to it and do it well. There are a few which cover a broad range of topics and walks of life. Some are decent folks who love to shoot the bull and have a good time, however there are also some know it all, been there done it much better than you ever will, types out there as well.

Me, I came here looking for one thing in particular, information on how to connect with a long range target that might weigh upwards of 3-400 pounds and put it on the ground. Where we hunt, I have been up close and personal with several hogs that a lot of folks would have probably crapped and run from. Trust me when I say the pucker facter has definately been there. But these type hogs don't get big by being dumb, they are indeed very smart. I came here to learn tactics, and such to enable me to add one more statagy to my bag of tricks. Since coming here a year and a half ago, I have spent some bucks for sure. However the bucks I saved by reading and asking questions pale in comparison to what I could have spent on my own. In fact I figured that with what I saved, I was able to save up and purchase one of Kirby's AM's.

I used to visit several hunting forums but after getting told that several hogs were not what they looked like and that if they were as big as I said that I should have won several contest with them, well I decided that I had enough.

Here it is all about what you can do with the equipment you have to do it with. Some are obviously in a league of their own, but others are in varying degrees of the same. These folks represent the largest portion of the group and give and take information freely. I try to contribute when I can but mostly just look and learn.

[ QUOTE ]
It all depends on what you want to do or know. I would say that on 24 hour campfire that the backpacking hunting section is filled with people who know their way around a backpack. I do not care for a lot of the other parts of that forum but that particular set of hunters know their gear.

If you want to know about competition coyote hunting then I think Leonards forum is really good. Certainly if you want to hunt coyotes at night few people are in Leonards league (Just my opinion).

If you want to know about bowhunting then I don't really know which one I would recommend being as they seem to run to brands of bows and if you shoot the wrong brand, too bad.

Just my opinion, but if you are just interested in killing a deer or elk for meat in the freezer this is the wrong place to be. Most of the gear recommended and used here is to add a challenge to the life of people who have gotten tired of just whacking an animal and dragging it out of the woods. LRH is a very specialized forum that fits a small niche of people who for some different reasons want to hunt in a different manner.

I would also not insult any of the Pennsylvania longrange hunters who have contributed greatly to this sport.

Be that as it may, this forum is the one that I consider to be "home". I like the people here and there is always somebody doing something new and different.

[/ QUOTE ]

BB, you sumed it up pretty well.............. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

How good is long range hunting

It Is ment for info about shooting an rifles info.
I have found more info here then any other web sit.

Is there another web sit out there that can come close.
Post if you have seen one.

Thanks

Redbone

[ QUOTE ]
How good is long range hunting

It Is ment for info about shooting an rifles info.
I have found more info here then any other web sit.

Is there another web sit out there that can come close.
Post if you have seen one.

Thanks

Redbone

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only is the great info neverending, but the members/staff here are the best around /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I am very thankful for this forum, very much indeed, it's made up of the moderators, the people in it, the great information. To my personality this is a match. As buffalobob said: [ QUOTE ]
this forum is the one that I consider to be "home"

[/ QUOTE ] I feel the same way.
Thank you all!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.