How do you join the 500-2000 VHA Club.

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by wildcat, Aug 9, 2005.

1. wildcat

wildcat Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, I am knew to this sight and would like to know how to join the VHA culb. I will be trying for my first 500 yard kill very soon. Any help would be appreciated. I am also looking for a good varmint magazine, does anyone have any suggestions. Thanks, Wildcat.

2. Ballistic64

Ballistic64 Well-Known Member

3. goodgrouper

goodgrouper Well-Known Member

You must first be a member of VHA by sending them 25-500$ for your dues whether it be a 1 year membership or lifetime.

With that you get a quarterly magazine that is probably the best publication for reloaders/hunters/shooting enthusiasts out there short of maybe Precision Shooting and Small Caliber News. The Varmint Hunter Magazine is usually about 200 pages or more and it is full color and written by members and some well known precision type writers.

After you become a member, you can qualify for the four downrange clubs by killing a free-ranging varmint past the minimum distance for the individual club. Your shot must be witnessed by another member of the VHA and you must have a method of rangefinding that is acceptable. Then you send in your app with your witness' ID# and other pertinent information. It is then reviewed and if accepted, Jackie will sign your certificate and send it out to you.

Good luck!

4. wildcat

wildcat Well-Known Member

Thanks, I found the number and will give them a call tomorrow. I will soon be a member. I have a long way to go to get to 2000 yards but at least I am on the way. By the way, I just received my 200 rnds of 338 lupa brass, Wow!!! big case. I ordered it even though my rifle want be ready until March. I can't wait. Thanks, Wildcat