• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED How do I go about selling a gun from can to person in the us ?

Like the title says how the heck to I accomplish this ?
Thanks

Option 1) Derek, Contact a LARGE gun shop in the US, one that imports rifles. They can do it for you.

Option 2) I THINK this is OK but you may wish to ask customs about it: Drive it across the border yourself & transfer through gun shop in US.

Option 1) Derek, Contact a LARGE gun shop in the US, one that imports rifles. They can do it for you.

Option 2) I THINK this is OK but you may wish to ask customs about it: Drive it across the border yourself & transfer through gun shop in US.

I wouldnt do it. I have tried before and it is nothing but a hassle. Good luck

Thanks for the reply. And ya u would agree if someone in canada would buy my gun lol.
Who would think selling a lapua would be hard to do

I'm going through the same thing right now with a scope with a Mil Dot reticle. The gun shop i shipped it to in Montana has an Import/ Exporter in Brooks Alberta, but he can't handle it becuase it's classified as a military item. So now it has to go somewhere in Washington state. Then to top things off the Money Order from Canada wasn't accepted by Chase Bank in Syracuse N.Y. Now i'm fighting with them just because of two dumb bank tellers. At this piont i'm dealing with the Assit. Manager at my bank an the one in Canada. WHAT A PAIN IN THE ***. tHANK YOU BILL CLINTON FOR ITAR

Its a lot easier to get a gun out of the states than it is to get one in. Importers are the only way to do it.

I was thinking Of just taking the chance and sending it without declaring it. Like its from there both rifle and scope. Sounds easy in my end I talked to customs and just pretty much said have to have my info on it and full out an export permit. And in the states side fill out an import permit and have a ffl. So if I did send it just in a box and played dum what could happen?

Crappy part is that I was just down there lol.
I know my cousin has a address down there would that make it any easier ?
He could send it maybe ?

The major problem is possessing it in the U.S. Our two countries need to get together to make things a little easier. I live 15 miles from the ND border. All shooting supplies are way more available in the U.S. For example this week it took all week to find some 215 berger hybrids. and still can't find same lot H1000. For that matter I can't even find H1000 at Cabelas or Wholesale sports. Basically Canada is fine with me showing up at customs with something that is totally illegal for me to possess in the U.S. An example is I can not possess 1lb of powder in the U.S. but if I can get to the Canadian border without being stopped by U.S. Customs; Canada Customs is fine with me bringing in around 8lbs of powder. I don't get it. I am all for border security but come on! Sorry for the vent.

I'd forget about it.

Just throw several thousand in the toilet and flush it then go sit in your garage for several years. That would be better than getting caught trying to import and sell a firearm in the USA as a Canadian citizen.

There are so many laws about it that it isn't even funny. For one even a Canadian selling stuff in the USA is illegal and that doesn't even get into the gun issue.

I called my buddy who works the border in your area He said foreign nationals in possession of a firearm commonly get 3 years in the federal prison and some big fines. They really check people these days for firearms and they have dogs and detectors that are there expressly to catch people doing what you are contemplating. Even possession of gun parts will get you a few years.

Even if you moved to the USA and became a US citizen it would probably take you a year or two after you became a citizen to import the rifles you own in Canada.

Leroy's on the US side and Clay Smiley of Prophet River Holdings in Brooks Alberta Canada they work together on the Import/Export bull crap. I've got both phone# if you want them. I'll just have to look for them.