How did you find us here at LRH.com?

I was invited by Len back when the site first started.
Your username when you were logged in used to show your member number. Mine was 14.
I don't know what my member number is now, even though my username and password are the same, I had to re-register. I guess it's still the same.
I went motorcycling for a few years, and kind of let this slip, along with several computer changes (read: CRASH!).
I'm now retired, and have a little more time to play.
I find it funny how things change. I was picked on here, for shooting a Savage instead of a RemChester, back when we started.
My neighbor, and fellow member, Coyoter, and I are currently playing with the idea of an Egg Shoot (Google it). It sounds like fun. Somewhat smaller than an Elk.
And the bullet cooks the Egg. Was someone saying something about retained kinetic Energy at impact?
And just a last thought:
If you're reading this, thank a Teacher.
And, if you're reading this in English, thank a Vet.
Have a great day.
C'ya, John.

Thanks, Len.

I was close for an old fart's five year old memory. Sure don't seem like it's been that long.
Ahhhh... Oldtimers disease, making the world new one day at a time.

C'ya, John.

After watching afew episodes of the Best of the West I went on Yahoo and searched. I'm pretty bummed John Burns isn't on that show anymore.

I always was trying to push the limits of my rifles starting with a marling 22 then going to a 22 magnum then to a 17hmr then to a 22-250. And now am getting ready to build a custom rifle in 6mm dasher. I found the site looking for load data for the 22-250 and i just lurked for about a year then about a month ago decided to post. I think this is the best long range hunting forum around. I have learned alot of stuff from visiting this board.

Ben

I was doing a John Burns search to see if he had a new site up and running since he and TBOTW parted ways and read a little, looked around alittle and said I need this place on my favorites list.
Keep up the good work.

Via the web while searching for information on Optilock mounts vs other brands for an older Sako 7MM Rem Mag.

Len, noticed that you hail from "GOD'S COUNTRY" I'm originally from the "Oktoberfest town" on the Mississippi. Now retarded, just hunting and playing a little golf when it's not too cold. I enjoy reading the "DISCUSSIONS" Keep up the good work!

Hi Guys very new to this. I found this sight because of "Meister". Was doing a web search for a Armalite AR-30 in 338 Lapua and found his for sale here. Now I am in a hurried process of coming up with the MONEY before some one else buys it from under me. So here I am and boy will I be hitting you guys up for more info. Before this it was 308's at 400 to 500 yards. So wish me luck. We have the range cut out to almost 1000 yards thru the woods (I live in MI so we might make 1500) **** tree's about how many rounds does it take to fall a 3' diameter tree?? Anyone?? LOL so thats my story and I will stick to it. By the way guys my wife does know and really thought the gun was safer than say a ultra light. Tod McCloy

I was trolling the internet for any info I could find on a new reloading press my old Lee Turret bit the dust after 30 years. Wanted to see if anyone knew anything about presses and this forum came up in one of my searches. Since I am a mid range hunter, I decided to stay awhile and see if I could learn something about long range hunting. I have the equipment and the ability just never had the opportunity to shoot over 430 yds. Great forum and a lot of knowledgable people. Thanks again

A buddy invited me to a hunt at the Sanctuary in October 2003. While on this hunt a very nice gentleman from Pennsylvania named Phil B. mentioned this site. I started reading some of the great info but never joined until the reloading bug hit me recently. Now I can ask stupid questions. Thanks for all of the info I have gained from this site anonamo...anamous...where in the heck is the spell check....uhh thanks for the info anyway.

A good friend and forum member recommended I come here to talk to the best guys around for this sport..So far...I haven't been disappointed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Mac

Recent Posts