How Did You Find The Long Range Hunting Site?

If you are [B][U]new to this site since July 1, 2007[/U][/B] how did you find us?

• Someone told me about it

Votes: 203 13.2%
  • I saw a link on another site

Votes: 337 22.0%
  • A search engine brought me here

Votes: 995 64.8%

• Total voters
I have attended the Darrell Holland Long Range Shooting School in Powers, Oregon and alumni shoot and heard about this site through Darrel. I have been shooting out to 1,000 plus yards consistently but now want to go further.
I read an article on this site about matrix bullets for a .270 which I am anxious to try loading.

I found it searching for info online for guns / Hunting long range and saw a link. Ive never looked back. Best site anywhere, Great resource of all venues in Hunting, shooting, Guns, reloading. Polite folks all. Im here to stay and learn a lot more. Planning on a new long range rifle soon. Likely 2. And rebuild an old 300WBY MarkV Synthetic stock with new barrell and poss new caliber.

Glad you found us. I have found that most folks will share
rifle building information and their special experences in
the field.

Probably a little more reserved about that special hunting
spot where the Big ones live.

Practice Practice and Practice

1 Hunter,

Thanks.

I know exactly what you mean about Hunting areas. Ive lived, worked and Hunted, Trapped, Fished and more in ID, MT, WI, MN, WY. and WA. Practice has always been one of my tools. Finding this site has proven that there are friendly, ethical, helpful, and very experienced folks here that like to help others get better. Better than any site online. My best experience is in trapping and predators, although much also in big game hunting. Looking to stretch my abilities out past 600 -700 yards to 1200 -1500. Everyone on this site that has responded to questions is helpful to all. Its a great place to be.

I just stumbled across the site a few months ago via google search while doing research for the long range rifle I'm building. When I went to sign up I found out that I had registered way back in 2004, but never posted.

So I was a member for almost 9 years before I got up the courage to actually post something! :)

I just stumbled across the site a few months ago via google search while doing research for the long range rifle I'm building. When I went to sign up I found out that I had registered way back in 2004, but never posted.

So I was a member for almost 9 years before I got up the courage to actually post something! :)

Yes, the fun part is communicating with other folks who have similar interests.

Did you get the rifle built? I restocked a new rifle that had a plastic stock.
This site was quite valuable for information on how to accomplish that task.
It now has a nice Walnut stock, all bedded and finished.

I'm saving up to build a rifle, the costs keep rising. I just hope the government
will see the folly of their ways. So I can eventually build it.

Good Luck, hope the rifle performs to your expectations.

Just got news that our hunting party was successful for the Spring Black
Bear drawing. Looking forward to this hunt as both the spring bear and
spring turkey seasons open at the same time. The area we hunt has both.

Hi All, I found this site through a search engine while looking for a scope to put on a new rifle. Looks like this site will be a good one to get lots of good info from.gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.