Horus Visions Ballistic program in the Handspring

Brent

I just ordered it today and it should be here friday. Will let you all know the scoop when I get back from hunting next week.

Modifying charts for temperature changes and angled shots are the big advantages with this unit.

Well guys I just recieved it today! Hows that for delivery to Alaska, less than twentyfour hours!

This thing is waaaay cool. It's very fast to use, set up very well. So simple I just put the batteries in and had it figured out in less than ten minutes with out even reading the instructions. It will give you an adjustment down to the yard too, not in just 20, 50 or 100 yard increments like most.

Off hunting now and will do a little testing it against the Oehler program I have too. They didn't leave out anything with this unit let me tell you. I does only use the G1 drag curve as far as I can tell though.

Some more detail later, daylight's falling off fast now so I better make the most of it.

I also like it very much.....but I found 1 small bug in the program....

Let me first say I have the version for the handspring visor.

As you know there are four way to display results:

Horus (for horus scope)
shooters MOA (why I have no idea!)
True MOA
Clicks (the problem!!)

If you get the adjustment for true MOA it works great but if you get the results in clicks it only goes in multiples of 1 MOA

For example if you have 1/4 MOA clicks on your scope you tell the program to calculate using 4 clicks per MOA. But the program will only give you results in multiples of 4!!!
4,8,12,16, etc. If i'm using 1/4 clicks/MOA I want 1/4 moa adjustments not 1 MOA adjustments.

I put in 3 clicks for ***** and giggles and results were 3,6,9, etc.

When I display results in true MOA its perfect....2.6, 2.7....whatever...it works.
But then I figure out the clicks myself.

I can divide by 4 so I'm not worried. But for the money it should work.

Happy Hunting

John I noticed the same thing too. I just use the TMOA setting and round to the .25moa I see fit so it still works great for me. I keep track of my setting on the scope so just having the total drop in moa is not a problem, but all I want.

It is funny they never seen that or just designed it that way to begin with.

I like the fact that I can get a zero adjustment down to the yard so if a range is determined to be 1337 yards I don't have to guess between 1300 and 1350 or 1300 and 1400 like most programs are set up to give just incremented data.

I also like being able to modify my velocity if needed for different temperatures of ammo if if I find that some are running a bit slow on the colder mornings, or for just big temp swings in seasons etc.

The angle feature is awesome too and takes only seconds to modify the chart. At one point I can have about a 35deg angle at 1300 to 1600 yards so it will help alot if I ever manage to get ready for that distance some day. I got some readings with the YP1000 at various intervals out there last evening to my surprise. Maybe this winter some targets at these spots to verify a chart for these areas are in order. It would be much easyer with a Wild rangefinder to verify but actual groups shot are the final test. I'm trying to get my younger brother to buy a Russian unit from Darryl, but I think he's pouring his money into a gunsmith buisiness Dave is selling to him so he can go retire in Costa-Rica. He'll be all winter learning the rest of what he hasn't taught him already. I may have found a new calling here too, to use his new hobbie shop that is.

Brent, did you see the other product that horus sells?

Its an angle/cosine indicator that mounts on the side of your scope with a scope ring (sideways).....It comes two different ways.

I bought the angle version....I aim my rifle and just read the angle.

They also make the cosine version, instead of reading the angle it gives you the angle cosine.

They come in green or black so if you get one make sure you tell them which one you want. I'm sending back my green one!!!!

Happy Hunting!

Yes I haven't got one yet but I will get one of these units, they look like the best out there. Price is lower somewhere but I have to find out where again. I don't need the ring supplied either.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.