Horus Vision "Falcon" Scope?

DocGlenn

Horus Vision \"Falcon\" Scope?

I'm looking for a new scope to put on my .300 win mag. I've played with the "interactive" demo on the Horus Vision site and it seems somewhat practicle. I've read several other posts where people like the Horus recticle, but what about their scope? What does it compare in quality to? Leupold, Conquest, Nikon? I'd love to get a SN-3 with the Horus reticle, but that is a heavy, expensive scope for hunting. If someone has experience with the "Falcon" scope I'd appreciate your thoughts on how good a scope it really is. Here's a link:

http://www.horusvision.com/hv.cfm?pg=hvfalcon&sku=OPRS1000F

Thanks.

Re: Horus Vision \"Falcon\" Scope?

You might find it a little busy for Hunting.

Nightforce with an NP-R2 reticle or an IOR with MP-8 might be a better choice. I really love the IOR's for the money.

DocGlenn,
I got a Horus Vision 4x16x50 sporting 1000 with the H2(long range) reticle getting mounted on a ar-30 .338 Lapua right now. It will be a very long range target, and hunting rifle. Some think its to buisy, but I like it. Have a palm V already, will be getting a kestrel & Exbal program(similar to Atrag but cheaper) shortly.
While I cannot attest to the durablility of the scope, I think the glass is pretty good. Better than my burris fullfield II, which I think looks as good or better than a comparable lupy.
But the main reason I got the scope was for the reticle. With a 300yd zero on the lapua @ 16x, I will still have enough "holdover" all the way out to 1 mile. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
If you like it, go for it. You could also get the reticle specail ordered in just about any scope manf. out there; Leupold, S & B, U.S. optics and more.
I got mine on a closeout special @ $399, If I was spending a grand, I'd look at a NF NXS.

Have not even shot it yet....Still new and its killin me... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif.
Still in the shop getting a trigger job, should be done any day now. Going to break the barrel in with some 200gr BT's, then get a chrono asap. Will do a ladder test with 300 smk, H-1000 & Retumbo in lapua prepped cases asap. Will keep you guys updated.
It is a beautiful rifle IMO. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I might as well add a digital camera on the wish list too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

94 grains of retumbo work great in the lapua. I haven't tested the h1000 yet since I am waiting for more 300smk's.
I will be testing imr 4350 tomorrow.

I'm also testing some retumbo with 250 gamekings tomorrow as well.

So far the retumbo has been great, but I need more excuses to shoot! Also, ramshot magnum sucks! Meters great, but you will get shots off the group. Its dirty too!

Retumbo also had no pressure sign whatsoever even with a max load of 94 grains.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.