HORUS VISION COSINE INDICATOR

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Down Under Hunter, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Down Under Hunter

Down Under Hunter Well-Known Member

Does anyone out there have their hands on the new Horus vision cosine angle indicator ? I have seen pictures and read that a few of you are looking at it, but I still have not heard from anyone with one.

How rugged is it ? The pics may not do it justice, but it just does not look as robust and tough as the ACi sniper tools version. What are everyones thoughts ?

It got my attention because it has the bubble and cosine in one location which I would imagine would be a plus ?? It also seems a fairly cheap package when compared to all the pieces you need for ACI ?

As I have never owned one before, I am open to all thoughts. Also can anyone enlighten me as to the correct side to mount the unit being right handed. I would imagine lhs of rifle ??

Many thanks again all.

Cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

2. linksmechanic

linksmechanic Well-Known Member

I bought one awhile ago. It's a nice unit. It's pretty rugged. The bubble level is a little small and the whole unit itself is a little big. asthetically the sniper tools one looks better imo. I do think the horus is built better though. I also like the fact that it reads in both cosine and angle.

3. uncleB

uncleB Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I bought one awhile ago. It's a nice unit. It's pretty rugged. The bubble level is a little small and the whole unit itself is a little big. asthetically the sniper tools one looks better imo. I do think the horus is built better though. I also like the fact that it reads in both cosine and angle.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I think you nailed it I agree word for word.
    UB