Horus Question

RustyN1stcav

Does anyone have or used the Horus scopes with there reticle before? I have never seen a scope like this before and it sounds like you could makes some great shots with it. I am thinking of getting one to use on my 243 for some varmint shoots. What do you think of it and how hard are they to use, and whats your method of using it?

Easy to use, when mounting set your rifle in a solid rest and level the receiver, set a plumb bob line at 50 Yds. use that line to plumb the vertical crosshair.

Zero your rifle at 100 Yds. (Be precise as this will affect longershots using the grid). When zeroed that will be the last time you will need to turn the turrets unless you want to set a different zero range.

You will need a PDA with ballistic software, Horus, Nightforce, etc.

IE: If you want 300 Yd. zero read the PDA numbers and crank on that amount.

All can be affected by Alt.,Temp, Baro., Humid. Your Bal. program will give you the grid corrections.

Run the numbers and shoot the grid. if you miss hold the same POA locate the miss on the grid move that point on the grid to the target and shoot again. (No knob turning required)

I have two Falcons W/H-37 reticles one on my .308 Win. and one on my .408 CT. and they have spoiled me.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.