Hornady Zombie ammuntions

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Iron Worker, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Iron Worker

Iron Worker Well-Known Member

Bought some of Hornadys "Zombie" ammunition today. Looks like green colored V-Max bullets . Has any one used it ? What will this ammo do that normal ammunition would do on an average Zombie ? How important is shot placement ?

2. sdhunterman

sdhunterman Active Member

I've never used it but in the last zombie thriller I watched shot placement is crucial. The vmax is colored green for better expansion. You have to hit high shoulder or the bullet won't expand and a wounded zombie is a scary thing.

3. winmag

winmag Well-Known Member

Ohh this could be a funny thread:Dgun)
    I agree with SD hunterman, that they're green cause everybody knows green colored bullets expand better at any range, & that kills zombies WAY better than the usual way.....

4. Browninglover1

Browninglover1 Well-Known Member

I thought the green tip had a "homing device" that was calibrated to find Zombie heads. If it could find prairie dog heads I'd be broke!

5. Iron Worker

Iron Worker Well-Known Member

Green expands better on Zombies ? What testing has been done ? I mean is there any recorded verification .BTW Doesn't rigger Mortus toughen them up ? I think we need further testing.

6. crowsnest2002

crowsnest2002 Well-Known Member

Saw one of these in a cheaper than dirt magazine, it might help with the testing
    [​IMG]

Seem to be pretty tough if they can take 350 rnds of 5.56 @ 50 yrds

We might need to go to HE rounds :)