Hornady Zombie ammuntions

Iron Worker

Bought some of Hornadys "Zombie" ammunition today. Looks like green colored V-Max bullets . Has any one used it ? What will this ammo do that normal ammunition would do on an average Zombie ? How important is shot placement ?

I've never used it but in the last zombie thriller I watched shot placement is crucial. The vmax is colored green for better expansion. You have to hit high shoulder or the bullet won't expand and a wounded zombie is a scary thing.

Ohh this could be a funny thread:Dgun)
I agree with SD hunterman, that they're green cause everybody knows green colored bullets expand better at any range, & that kills zombies WAY better than the usual way.....

Green expands better on Zombies ? What testing has been done ? I mean is there any recorded verification .BTW Doesn't rigger Mortus toughen them up ? I think we need further testing.

Saw one of these in a cheaper than dirt magazine, it might help with the testing
images

Seem to be pretty tough if they can take 350 rnds of 5.56 @ 50 yrds

We might need to go to HE rounds :)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.