Hornady vs. berger VLD?

RangerBrad

Hey fells, I am mainly interested in the .25 cal. at this time but after comparing the bc's of the Berger vld bullets and the Honady bullets in both the .25 cal and 7mm it appears that Hornady bc's are much higher than the Berger VLD. I found this very suprising as I thought the Berger VLD was the leader in high bc's. Is it all just advertising or are they using diffrent standards, etc...? I also liked how Hornady had many more offerings than Berger for the diffrent calibers. Brad

Hey fells, I am mainly interested in the .25 cal. at this time but after comparing the bc's of the Berger vld bullets and the Honady bullets in both the .25 cal and 7mm it appears that Hornady bc's are much higher than the Berger VLD. I found this very suprising as I thought the Berger VLD was the leader in high bc's. Is it all just advertising or are they using diffrent standards, etc...? I also liked how Hornady had many more offerings than Berger for the diffrent calibers. Brad

G1 BC for the Berger is .466, no .25 cal. Hornady bullet even approaches that! I have been using a 25-06AI for years, I don't use Hornady in 25 cal for the very reason that their BC's SUCK. I think what you may be confused about is you may have seen a G7 BC# for the Berger & compared with the G1 rating for a Hornady.

G1#'s for any bullet is a much higher # than the more accurate G7 rating Berger prefers.
Go to Berger Bullets & read about the G1 vs G7 ratings.

I still have some 125 Wildcats, but other than custom bullet folks, the higher BC ratings go to the 115 Berger, 115 Nos. BT, 120 Speers. The Hornady's are waaaay back!!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.