Hornady New Dimension 'Match Grade' dies

milanuk

Hello all,

I'm trying to find some detailed info on these dies... but it seems to be a little sparse out there. I've been told that the seater die has a complete sleeve inside like a Redding Competition seater or Forster Ultra seater, as compared to their 'Custom Grade' dies which seem to be more caliber specific than cartridge specific, and not very handy as a result. I've gathered that the bushing F/L size die is the Hornady analog of the Redding Type 'S' F/L bushing die, correct?

Anybody out there using these dies and able to give a comparison between them and the offerings from Redding or Forster? How well does the add-on micrometer (Micro-just) knob work? How much adjustment per revolution?

I've been kind of surprised at how little info there is out there on these dies - nothing on the seater at all even on Hornady's site.

TIA,

Monte

why don't you try calling Hornady. i usually call the vendor and then see if the word on the street backs up what they tell me.

I have the hornady seater die for my 22-250 and 223, it makes getting the little bullets lined up properly a breeze. I really like it, and the micro-adjust works well for me. It is very repeatable.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.