Hornady New Dimension 'Match Grade' dies

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by milanuk, Dec 10, 2010.

1. milanuk

milanuk Well-Known Member

Hello all,

I'm trying to find some detailed info on these dies... but it seems to be a little sparse out there. I've been told that the seater die has a complete sleeve inside like a Redding Competition seater or Forster Ultra seater, as compared to their 'Custom Grade' dies which seem to be more caliber specific than cartridge specific, and not very handy as a result. I've gathered that the bushing F/L size die is the Hornady analog of the Redding Type 'S' F/L bushing die, correct?

Anybody out there using these dies and able to give a comparison between them and the offerings from Redding or Forster? How well does the add-on micrometer (Micro-just) knob work? How much adjustment per revolution?

I've been kind of surprised at how little info there is out there on these dies - nothing on the seater at all even on Hornady's site.

TIA,

Monte

2. davewilson

davewilson Well-Known Member

why don't you try calling Hornady. i usually call the vendor and then see if the word on the street backs up what they tell me.

3. padd54

padd54 Well-Known Member

I have the hornady seater die for my 22-250 and 223, it makes getting the little bullets lined up properly a breeze. I really like it, and the micro-adjust works well for me. It is very repeatable.