Hornady .338 Match 250grn SST

Topshot

Anyone have any experience with the 250 grain Hornady SST Match grade bullet in .338 cal?

It seems to have a very high BC and should shoot flat out past 1000 yds. I would be keen to hear of its performance on game animals at long range.

Topshot, i can't tell you i've shot game with the 250's. but i did shoot a box of them last summer, part of which was some terminal bullet testing that i did at 300 and 700 yards. i too looked at them because of their high BC and also liked the large hollow point opening. i would be highly surprised if you have any problem getting them to open at long range. at 700 using water filled milk jugs and magazines they tore large holes. Hornady jackets are a bit on the soft side(peanut butter) and this really lets them fragment. i couldn't get them to shoot quite as good as the Sierras and i already had a bunch of them so i stayed with the Sierras.

Hornady is supposed to be releasing a 300 gr A-max this summer, that will be one heck of a hunting bullet.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.