Hornady 257 Wby Mag 90 gr GMX Outfitter?

Sid Post

Is anyone running this ammo? I'm looking for a hog death ray inside 300 yards. Will it also work on Coyotes? How about the 257 Wby Magnum 110 gr ELD-X Precision Hunter?

I'm not reloading for this round at the moment so, I'm open to other sources for good 'affordable' ammunition to collect some cases while I zap feral hogs and coyotes and possibly a few aggressive dogs. I am open to options under $~50/box on the street for alternatives. FWIW, I'm running a Vanguard with a #3 barrel 26" long.

TIA,
Sid

Depends of performance you want on the coyotes. Have experience with neither, but I'd probably opt for the 110 ELD-X. At those ranges, it might be pretty explosive! Ultimately whatever shoots best and try to get a few boxes of the same lot if you plan to reload them. Gonna be the same brass.

Thanks! It will be easy to order some of those at the same time and I can always swap rounds if I need to in most situations.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.