Horn Hunting/ What to do w/sheds?

nitrousmudbogger

We go horn hunting every year and are getting quite a pile of sheds which is awesome and we got permission this year to go on a huge ranch that will have tons. My question is do you guys have any ideas of things to do with the sheds. I dont like selling them just collecting. Furniture ideas or useful things to do with them.
SS851008.jpg

SS851007.jpg

SS851006.jpg

shed001.jpg

I make buttons, and knife handles out of them. Some folks drill them out and make coyote calls from them. Ive also made display hoders from them by cutting groves in them.

Why what are people getting for sheds? The pics of them on the back of the truck is only one outing. We easily found 20+ sheds last year. To me they kind of have a sentimental value like if I shot it. The whitetail shed here is the biggest Ive ever seen (my fiance found it on a ranch she worked on) and the muley shed is probably a 160-170 inch deer
sheds.jpg

A guy I know is up to about 70 drops already thisyear. I have only been out twice= zero. I am having trouble w/picts. But I made pedestals for 2 of my whitetail mounts, one is a pyramid of three 7 pt. elk horns.I have made lights and a gun rack w/ elk sheds and mirror behind it in a hardwood frame. I made drawers w/ horn pulls,towel bars,etc.A local very skilled saddle maker used to use a large elk button as a horn, and custom tooling. He now smiths custom rifles .My best day 7 elk,7 muley drops.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.