Hope this'll do

msalm

Well with the help of quite a few friends, in the last several weeks I was able to accrue all the parts for my ELR rifle AND find time to build the beast. 30" Mullerworks bbl, Stiller Chey Tac action (1.450" SS), CSR 4 port brake, Joel Russo came through in a pinch with an un-inletted A5L stock, brass and a loaner set of dies until I can procure or build my own, Jim See gave me a great deal on an ATACR scope, and I found the rest cruising online including the 6 screw NF rings, Jewel trigger (w/bottom safety), cosine indicator and bubble level. Oh, and Greg Young lent me the reamer and guage. Now I have three weeks to get it shooting and see what this thing will do before an elk hunt in CO..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 20
338-408 chey-tac. Joel has a lot of experience w/ this cartridge and in fact talked me into this vs. a 338 Lapua AI. 300 gr match kings at 3200 is the sweet spot although it'll do a few hundred fps faster.

Last but not least, forgot to mention Ryan Pierce for getting a brake sent out to me the day after I talked with him. Oh and if you read this Ryan, the check went out last Friday:):)

Thanks guys for the comments, I've got ammo loaded in 1 grain increments from 130-140 gr of H 50 BMG and tomorrow morning I'll find out the chrono info so I can go to 300 then 700 and see where we're at from there. Might not shoot past 1000 til I get to camp, but there's a lot of rocks out as far as you might want to shoot once I get there. If the rifle shoots as accurately as I hope, this rifle will sit at camp waiting for the elk to show themselves on the mountain. I don't think I'll be walking far with this one, haven't weighed it but it's pushing 20 I think.

Nice gun ! ! I have one in 338 snipe -tac more tactical look.

Where in southwest Wisc. I live near Mad city?

I found the top of mine , 3285 fps at 20 feet from barrel - Crony takes a bit of barrel blast any closer- load is a 300 gr Berger with 141 grs of Hornday 50 bmg.

Want to do a single shot with a longer throat ,plus a little lighter version. I have looked at Dave Viers 3 shot repeater also.

Good Luck on your trip. I leave for long range muley hunt in Wyoming in 2 weeks.

Jeff

I live about 20 minute west of Mauston. Shot today and just topped 3100 fps with 140 gr of BMG. Little slower than I was hoping but it'll pick up a few as it shoots in. Have to get out to 600 and play around a little now.

Matt

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.