Hooper Ordnance Howa Bottom Metal

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by goose316, Jul 18, 2010.

1. goose316

goose316 Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is the right place...mods if it is wrong I will be glad to move it.
    I talked to Hooper and he says if we get 10 orders he will make his bottom metal for the Howa/Vanguard. I really like this guys because you have the option to use the lever for comps and then switch to an inside the trigger guard button for hunting. So Howa shooters unite....
    [​IMG]

2. zupatun

zupatun Well-Known Member

What would be the price for this run?

Matt

3. ICANHITHIMMAN

ICANHITHIMMAN Well-Known Member

Ok you got my attention so what are the details? Does it take AI mags? If so is the run limited to one action length?

4. goose316

A big yes on the AI mags......

Hooper Ordnance - Welcome

The link is for the Remmy but he will do a run for the Howa if he has 10 orders. As to the action length...I would think it would take 10 orders to produce. That is 10 short action and if long action was wanted it would require 10 orders as well. I will ask Hooper but I would think it will work this way.

5. goose316

I will check with Hooper but his pricing is $219 with both mag release levers. Mag not included. I think he does sell mags though.

6. ICANHITHIMMAN

ICANHITHIMMAN Well-Known Member

Well if your doing long action metal im interested if not I will keep waiting for pete lincholn to make his thanks

7. goose316

Right now I am trying to get enough for Hooper to do a short action run......but if there is interest....

8. 300R

300R Well-Known Member

I think cdi makes dbm for the howa which also takes ai mags, might be an option if you can't get a run.

9. goose316

Thanks. I have looked at Jeff's wares. He makes a good kit but the lever hangs down below the trigger guard. I think Hoopers with the release inside the trigger guard is a better option for me, but have CDI as a back up.:D