Homemade Benchrest Bags?

Antelope

Just wondering if anyone out there has come up with some creative ways to make basic front and rear rifle rest bags?
Nothing pretty, just functional. For cheap?

thanks,
John

not that i have tried this but, i have heard of people using socks filled with sand or rice with reasonable success for a front bag. for a rear bag thought i dont realy have any solutions, sorry

Lower half of the leg off of blue jeans. Sew and fill with sand or pea gravel. Or the old stand by shot bags sew and fill. If you go with the shot bags you need to use the canvas type.

i made 12 bags,old bluejeans,no holes,cut 2 from each leg,turned inside out,then heavy tywrap.flip back out,fill with sand,tywrap again.took 6 to sportsmans club for 3 benches.keep 3 in the truck.rest for spares.they tear rather easily?i got more jeans to keep up with replacing them.i will be e-mailing you to try shotbags,cant find any around here.
smile.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.