HOLY SHED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by uncleB, Jun 16, 2006.

1. uncleB

uncleB Well-Known Member

At least I think that is what I said.
    I saw this trailer going down the freeway with 100's of shed elk antlers, where can you find this many??????? [​IMG]

UB
    yes I was driving 75mph holding my camera out the window.

2. bailey1474

bailey1474 <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

I'd guess those things are worth some serious cash!!! I'm not sure exactly how much but I bet a guy with a dog trained to find them and alot of spare time could gather up quite a few and make a little beer money.

3. RDM416

RDM416 Well-Known Member

Did you happen to be in or around Wyoming when you took the pic? Wyoming has numerous elk wintering (feed) grounds where they feed wild elk all winter. There is a really large one just outside of Jackson (Jackson Hole for tourists). In the spring the Boy Scouts go out and gather the antlers to sell. They have a huge auction on the town square in Jackson either the 3rd or 4th Sat of May each year. Truckloads and truckloads of all kinds of antlers on sale.....pretty cool to see /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4. stevet

stevet Active Member

Either in WY or UT as we just had an "Antler Fest" at the Cabela's last week.

5. Michael Eichele

Michael Eichele Well-Known Member

Most likley he is a dealer that buys them from shed hunters. Few if anybody ever finds that many by them selves.

6. Laker_Taker

Laker_Taker Well-Known Member

How bout a elk ranch I have one in my neck of the woods and theres lots of antlers walker around. Have to fall off some time.

7. Varmint Hunter

Varmint Hunter Well-Known Member

They get a pretty good buck $$$$$$ for quality elk sheds on Ebay.

That truckload would be worth more than a kilo of smack. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. Ol'Gator

Ol'Gator Well-Known Member

I saw about the same thing in Alberta last year. Lot of elk ranches in the area.