Holy Hammers!!!

Tiny Tim

Just want to give a huge thank you to Steve at Hammer bullets. Ordered some on line (first timer) before work Monday and was shocked to find them delivered to me in Mid-America YESTERDAY! Amazon doesn't even offer that. Looking forward to trying them. This is the type of service we all desire and is evidence of the kind of businesses that make America great. Thanks again Steve!

I'm a huge fan of the Hammers so far- currently using them in my 280 Sherman and .270 Win. I'm about to start dev on my 30-06AI and once I get that done I'll probably be placing an order for some .243 pills for my son's .243 Win, but he's got a few years before he'll be big enough to use that one.

One thing I love about Hammers other than they're a great product, is that anytime I have a question I can send a note and Steve is extremely quick and helpful in his replies. Great company!

I got another batch a few weeks ago ordered mon. they were here wed. But i'm only a couple hundred miles away. Now if you order during hunting season you might not get them as fast! :) Steve is very good to deal with, and makes GREAT bullets!
Like I said, ordered Monday morning before work and had them Tuesday when I got home. Funny thing is, I got a message about 5 minutes ago saying they were delivered. And I live in northeast Wisconsin. Bullets got here faster than the notification. I wasn't in a hurry. Planning ahead pays off I guess. :)

Well I had a problem. I received the Hammer Hunter 8mm 198 grain bullets and no rifle. The Weatherby Mark V six lug ultralight with a Pac-Nor barrel with a muzzle of .65" was at Pendleton, Oregon at Oregongunsmithingllc.com getting rebored from 6.5 to 8mm. It already had one of their stocks; which cut ten ounces off the weight. Finally it arrived. Since it is a wildcat that looks like a 7 Weatherby with the belt turned off and necked up to 8mm I didn't know where to start. Someone here gave me some info. I started with H4350 @ 63.0 and went up to 72.5 grains by .5 grains increments. Surprisingly the velocity started at about 1,900 feet per second and went up to almost 3,100 fps. Steve suggested I use 72.0 grains so I did. The first three at 100 yards made a group of 1/4". I fired the first two and waited till the barrel cooled down to 65* before firing the third one. Then I went to the target and photographed it. By the time I got back the barrel was 66* so I fired #4 and went back to the target and measured it. The 7 1/4 pound rifle opened up the group to 9/16". I fired #5. It went inside the 9/16" established by the previous shot. Average velocity was a surprising 3,054 feet per second. Before I started I expected about 2,900 fps.