Holosight and cross dominant eyes

HARPERC

It seem's like every new shooter I meet has a cross-dominant eye issue. EOtech claims their holosight makes dominant eye a non-issue. Is the claim accurate. Not a long range question plinking a .22 rifle to 100 yards would be great.

I have a cross eye dominant problem myself and have used a holo sight for years on my compatition hand gun. I shoot action pistol and steals. I have never used one on a rifle,but did try one on a shootgun and liked it. I use a dot on my shooting glasses when useing a shotgun but didnt need it with the holo sight.

My usage has all been the small, light types on hand guns. I have used bushnell, c more, leapold, trijacon, I have came to relize that like other optics you get what you pay for. All have worked well,some just didnt last long. The one I tried on a buddies shot gun was a burris, he has shot it quit abit and its holding up, but its not mounted on a pistol slide either. They do take a little getting use to, but I like them better than the red dot style scopes.

Thanks again. Just got in from Cabelas, and I like the Burris at this point. The Eothechs looked a little large. Cheaper ones I got the feeling were just that.

So far this project is losing it's appeal. I bought a Burris Fastfire 11, get it home and no base plate/picatinny weaver mount in the package. Upon investigation it does say on the box "not included", the catalogue I had says it's included, the clerk thought it was included, the package insert says it's included. It's not. I take it back, and they offer to discount the sight enough to purchase the base separately. Of course I'm on my own locating one which turned out to be fairly easy. Now I just need a rail to mount it to. I think it will be fun on my Ruger 96/44. These aren't drilled and tapped but B-square offers a Weaver style base that screws into the existing slots Ruger provides. So far so good come Friday I proceed the finish the project and find the slots in this particular rail do not accept the base. The base fits every other Weaver/Rail in the house but not this one. I have a headache and somewhere Mao's laughing in his grave at how his descendants got another one past the Western Capitalist. I suspect I can return it, but that puts this project back another two weeks.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.