Holland vs APS

alloutsmith3

Gonna be putting a brake on here very soon and have narrowed it down to the APS Painkiller or Holland Radial. I can get the Holland for about $70 less than the APS. What are your opinions on either of these 2.

I have both. They both work very well. Personally, I prefer the APS because I know how much attention goes into design and assembly.

Jim

I have one of the Hollands Quick Discharge on my 30-06 SPS. Thing used to worse than my 300. Kicks less than my 6mm Rem now. I would buy another one in a heart beat. I doubt that you will go wrong with either.

I've got 2 APS PainKillers. One on my 300 RUM and another on my 338 RUM. Both of these rifles recoil LESS than my medium weight .308 win. When switching back and forth, while shooting from the bench, you realize that the .308 has MORE felt recoil.

If I wasn't the shooter I'd be a bit skeptical of this story but it is true.

Never owned a Radial brake so I couldn't compare the two.

I have four or five of Holland's newest Radial Quick Discharge brakes.
I have one of Kirby's Large PK brake that is designed for the chey-tac class cartridges.
Both brakes angle back.
Holland's is radiused (cupped), while Kirby's are not.

Personally, I do not think you can go wrong with either brake.
Both a good brakes with good men making them

Pick the one you like the looks of best, recoil reduction will be very similiar, probably to close to tell from feel of the shooter. Both very high quality material and contruction and both great for a hunting rifle.

My PK may have slightly better ground blast protection but that would be splitting hairs to be honest.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.