Hodgon 200 gr .300 RUM Retumbo Data Mild ??

pc

Is there data for the 200 gr bullets and Retumbo very mild ??

It seems people are going to 94 or so gr of Retumbo with 200 gr bullets and the Hodgon website states maximum is 86 gr, ADI make this powder and in Oz it's called AR2225. I want to use 200 gr Accubonds and Retumbo/AR2225 but I reckon I can go higher than 86 gr.

Funnily enough there 220 gr data for retumbo lists 89gr as max

My conlcusion was that it has something to do with the Barnes X bullet used.

Would 92 gr of Retumbo/AR2225, Rem Case & Fed 215m and Nos Accubond be a safe load in the .300 RUM (rifle is a rem 700 PSS)

I can get away with 85-86 grains of retumbo w/200 ACCUBOND in my tight neck BR chamber whice generates MUCH higher pressure than a SAMMI chamber. My guess would be yes it has something to do with the Barnes bullets used. I have noted that when I look at the Barnes manual, the powder charges they use with their bullets is the same as my max loads with other bullets such as the AMAX and accubond, and SMK bullets

Thankyou meichele,

then I certainly won't blow my self up with 92 gr of Retumbo/AR2225 then with the Accubond 200 gr. Working up of course !!

[ QUOTE ]
My conlcusion was that it has something to do with the Barnes X bullet used.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's exactly right. Put that bullet on top of a hot load for any "regular" 200 and you'll blow primers. Makes data for that bullet pretty much worthless unless you're using that bullet.

If you interpolate between their 220 and 180, going half way in between the max charges for each you come up with 94.5 grains. I use 95 with the accubond in a sloppy chamber freebored rifle.

Thanks Jon A,

fired the 92 gr Retumbo/AR2225 loads today with the 200 gr Nos AB's and got slight ejector marks but no sticky bolt lift

OAL is 3.681" or to useable mag box length I suppose,

Rifle is a rem 700 Police...................the 3 shot group measured .888" at 110 yards and I reckon I pulled the first shot a tad, only had three rounds loaded at that charge..........................seems to me the RUM gives ejector matrks with anything but anemic loads /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.