Hodgdon powerder outside the US

ajridgedell

Cant find varget or some other popular powders at any of my usual sources like everyone else. I was wondering if I can buy powder from outside the US having it shipped in. If anyone has experience with this, shipping costs, customs, time. Steveswholesale in New Zealand looks like they have some of the powders I am after.

I don't like your chances of exporting powder from NZ. Probably a better option for US based people would be out of Australia. Hogdon Varget is made in Australia and marketed there as AR2208. Most Hogdon rifle powders are in fact made in Australia by ADI (now Thales). Check out their website.

Emailed the guy in NZ; his reply "Shipping issue plus your GOVT will not allow goods to leave country of export". I didn't really understand the second part. Looking at powders in AU the prices are stupid high, even converting kg to pounds and AUD to USD; would put 8lb ar2208 at 255$ ouch! I guess Ill just quit shooting 223 and 308 for a while unless yall got any other ideas. :(

I am beginning to wonder if the low US dollar is discouraging Hodgdon from shipping to the USA. Zero Clays coming thru, at least that is what I am being told from dealers.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts