Highest Kinetic Energy Rifle out of ALLEN PRECISION to date...

my 7 year old just jumped up in my lap and said WOW dad thats bigger than your 300 Can i shoot it ? Gotta love the kids enthusiasm for the big guns. He had to smack me i was drooling. I looked at the wife and she says NO before i even got a word out. What a fun hater she is. When i got the 300 rum and shot it out to 1400 all it did was really wet the appetite for something larger. Im TOTALLY ADDICTED . Thanks for sharing all the good pictures and info ,i love it and cant get enough!!!:D

THis is one of those days when I would have LOVED to have one of those darn nye-sayers with me on the range. Bore sighted the rifle. First shot at 1050 yards landed 4 moa low and 2 moa to the left of the target rock I was shooting at which was 3/4 moa tall and 1.5 moa wide judging from the reticle in the scope.

Shot number two ever fired out of this rifle broke the right edge of the rifle. Took two more shots to fine tune the scope adjustment and let the barrel work in a bit.

Shots 5, 6 and 7 landed with in 3" of each other center on the rock. THe last shot reduced the 9"x18" solid rock to a mass of smaller gravel.

Even better, these were fireforming loads, 215 gr H-50BMG under the 750 gr A-Max seated to 5.700" OAL.

Even better then that, I have video proof. Anyone know how to post video, I would love to post it so Canned Heat could at least watch the video. He would not believe it but thats on him.

Anyway, its here if anyone could offer me some help uploading it.

Here are a couple more pics of my little buddy. She does not want to let this one ship out!!!! I think she already has the bug.

ImportedPhotos00011-6.jpg

ImportedPhotos00012-2.jpg

My wife on the other had was more then happy to see it leave the living room!!!:D

Just upload it to photobucket. Then instead of using the picture symbol to insert the link into your post, use the internet link symbol to insert it. It will show up and you can play it in the "Preview Post" mode. Use the "direct link" code from photobucket not the image code.

If it is bigger than Photobucket allows, you can use Youtube; but, it takes them about 15-30 minutes to "process" it. Plus their instructions are hard to understand.

You can play around with it down in the Test section but I warn you to delete it or people will be commenting on it down there.

The little girl has some beautiful hair.

PS

Check the format from you camera ie mpg or wmv or whatever. Photobucket only accepts certain formats and you tube only accepts certain others

Last edited:
I've got them on both YouTube and Photobucket.

This is from YouTube:
There are two ways to upload your video: by using our Single File Uploader or the YouTube Uploader (for multiple files). With either of these methods, your videos can be up to 1GB in size and 10 minutes long.

YouTube accepts a wide range of video file formats. This list is all the video files YouTube will accept. Some video formats work best and are most compatible with certain computers, software or devices.

• Windows Media Video(.avi)
  • .3GP (cell phones)
  • .AVI (windows)
  • .MOV (mac)
  • .MP4 (ipod/psp)
  • .MPEG
  • .FLV (adobe flash)
  • .SWF (shockwave flash)
  • .MKV (h.264)
This is from Photobucket:
Free Accounts:

• Video play length of up to 5 minutes. Video clips with a longer play length are truncated upon upload.
  • Video file size of 100MB or less.

Note: Supported video file types are 3g2, 3gp, 3gp2, 3gpp, 3p, asf, avi, divx, dv, dvx, flv, moov, mov, mp4, mpeg4, mpg4, mpe, mpeg, mpg, qt, wmv, xvid

Nice project Kirby, Thanks for sharing your work and information with us. Hell, that recoil lug looked like a part off of my Bobcat. I think it would take a real jackass to argue with you.
Mike

I will get it downloaded onto my computer in the next couple days and see if I can get it on here. Its pretty neat video. The camera was positioned to the left and below my shooting position so you can see the big vaper trail falling down from above. Looks like a bomb being dropped by an A-10 into a tank.

I have not put the rifle on a scale. I would estimate its around 60 lbs scoped up and with the heavy duty bipod.

The rifles center of balance is about 4" behind the bipod so it sits very solidly on the bags when shooting off a bench or prone. If you lift up on the butt it will certainly tip forward but it sits solidly on the rear bag when on this bipod. I am working on an extension to put the bipod another foot forward which would REALLY stretch the wheel base and produce a solid lay in the bags and bipod but want to do it so it looks good and not like a cobbled up add on. With the weight of the rifle, will likely have to be made from steel but working on that.

Recoil is about like a 300 Win Mag. Most would think that a rifle this heavy with a brake would have no recoil at all. Truth is that a lighter rifle would allow the brake to work more efficently. Remember that the rifle has the same recoil energy when fired no matter if there is a brake or clean muzzle. This means that by the time the bullet has reached the end of the barrel, that 60 lbs of rifle has already been set in motion and has gained momentum. A brake certainly helps slow down the rifle after the bullet exits the muzzle but there is only so much a muzzle brake can do to slow down a 60 lb rifle that has been set in motion, your shoulder does the rest.

That said, the recoil is very slow in velocity. Rolls back into you very comfortably with no discomfort at all. It slides you back several inches but its s slow push and you hardly notice it. Could shoot it all day comfortably. The one thing I really did notice was how there was really no felt muzzle blast at the shooters position compared to my 32" and 34" lengthed 510 AMs or 50 BMGs. Obviously hanging the muzzle and brake out there another 11 to 13" gets it that much farther away from the shooter and really widens the protective cone that keeps the shoulder away from the muzzle blast.

IT won't be long before my little buddy will be able to do all the long range shooting she wants and take care of herself just fine. For the time being though, thats a job I gladly stay practiced at performing!!!! When her first boyfriend comes calling for her, there will be something like that sitting in the living room with a video on TV with rocks exploding at +1K. We will sit down and watch some videos and then tell him to have her home by 10:00!!!! :D

And i bet he wont be late at all ! Good to see kids getting into the right stuff. Had both my boys out shooting gophers today. The youngest wants to shoot the 300 ultra really bad. I told him if he gets good enough ( at least 2 shots on the target at 1000 )i will put a picture of him and his target on here. Cant wait to see the video of the damage that thing can do.gun)

Fiftydriver,

Just curious. I noticed in the pictures you posted that the front set of scope rings is set a fair way back on the scope near the turret. I note that there is still a fair amount of room left on the scope base and scope tube to mount it further forward if you so wanted.

Is there a reason for this?

Just one more comment so my daily post count doesn't get too low. :D

If you post it in the Video section as well as this thread it will be easy for people to find for a long long time. I doubt that there will ever be very many more rifles like this one so it will be interesting for a long time. You can link back to here so people who are interested can read the thread.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.